online scheduling and channel list (sync?)

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by macmatt, Dec 21, 2005.

1. macmatt

macmatt New Member

Oct 20, 2005

Advertisements

hello

i just started using the online scheduling, and it's awesome. i like it better than scheduling from the tivo itself.

the thing is, the online site lists all channels. so, sometimes i search and find a show, and hit "record" -- and later, on the tivo, realize that channel isn't part of my cable package. so, i get a blank screen recorded.

i've removed these channels from my tivo, and they don't show up when i search for shows. but when i search online, they do show up.

is there anyway to tell my online thing to only show channels i have listed on my tivo?

- matt

2. TiVoJerry

TiVoJerry Caavo employee (Ex-TiVo, '00-'16)

Jul 26, 2005
    Woodside, CA
    At this point in time, TiVo Central Online can only pull up a list of all the channels associated with your channel lineup, even if you have them deselected on the unit itself. Pulling that information from the DVR would be a violation of our current privacy policy. Plus having that information for all of our customers would require a lot of server space to store.

That said, we are researching ways to make this possible in future.

3. macmatt

macmatt New Member

Oct 20, 2005
    Well, I would definitely click an "agree" box to let you guys sync my channels.

I'm just discovering online schedulling, and it is incredible. I prefer to schedule everything this way, since typing is so much quicker.

I only wish the channels were limited to what I've selected on my box, and that I could stop getting the alert messages on my TiVo message box.

Since I schedule everything online, I get too many messages. A simple "web" icon next to the program in the To Do List would be much better. I don't need a note.

- Matt

4. mdcpcare

mdcpcare New Member

Jan 31, 2006
    I can not sign into TiVo central online. Can not sign in at all to manage account. I keep getting the following error:

"Gateway Timeout
    The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server."

TiVo support suggested another ISP. Tried three different ISP and still have the same problem. TiVo support is no help. Any thoughts?

5. TiVoJerry

TiVoJerry Caavo employee (Ex-TiVo, '00-'16)

Jul 26, 2005
    Woodside, CA

Advertisements

What browser (and version) are you using? Have you tried clearing your cache?