Online guide doesn't match on screen guide

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by radiophone, Feb 12, 2019.

Tags:
  1. radiophone

radiophone New Member

Nov 20, 2018

Advertisements

When I view my guide at http://online.tivo.com/start/guide it doesn't match the channel listing I see on screen using my Tivo. Also, the "favorite channels" online claims I have no favorites, yet I've checked several channels as favorites. I logged out and back in online with no change. Any advice?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    At this time TiVo Online seems to be having troubles. I would logout of Online, then go back but do not login. Then hit Guide. Then enter your zipcode. Select your provider. Is it ok now? I can't seem to get the current time & date to display. It's just random characters after I login.

3. radiophone

radiophone New Member

Nov 20, 2018
    Thanks for the reply JK. I had to delete cookies to have the option to input a zip code. I'm in Victoria BC Canada, and it won't accept a Canadian postal code. I tried the zip for Port Angeles WA, but for antenna it shows US channels only, and I'm aimed at Vancouver for Canadian channels.
    When I log back in after clearing cookies and cache, I once again get a guide not matching my Roamio.
    I also get nonsense in the date/time cell: for0pmt_gui22_2pmt2Ti02Pick2r not foun2

4. radiophone

radiophone New Member

Nov 20, 2018
    Update...I've contacted Tivo support via email, and received the reply copied below. I followed the directions, but no improvement. Online guide still does not match on screen guide.

...Thank you for contacting TiVo Customer Support regarding with the Guide issues on your TiVo Online account.

Here are the troubleshooting steps we advise you to perform and make sure to perform these steps within your home network where the DVR is currently connected:
    •Log out from your TiVo Online account.
    •Do a cold reboot on the DVR by disconnecting all cables attached to it for a minute.
    •Plug back all disconnected cables securely and wait to load.
    •Once you reach TiVo Central, do a Force Connection (Which connects your device to the TiVo Service) by navigating to: Settings & Messages > Network Settings > TiVo Service Connection.
    •After the successful connection, sign into and check on the Guide..."

5. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

I can't think of any way to fix this. It works perfectly for me. Also, I have four boxes (TE3 and TE4) and all are correct. Only issue is that junk above the calendar.

6. radiophone

radiophone New Member

Nov 20, 2018
    Success! Support's next advice was to do a Repeat Guided Setup. Initially, no change, but within an hour the online guide finally matches my on screen guide.
    Now, if only the online guide mimicked the onscreen guide with 'new' tags and checks indicating a scheduled recording without having to click on the show title. I guess you can't have everything. :)

7. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Out of boredom I checked out several guides on-line. Most only have a time block and program title. Even though our data is only 90% accurate out a week, we still get a lot for that service fee.

8. radiophone

radiophone New Member

Nov 20, 2018
  9. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    You listed them in increasing accuracy. TiVo used to buy Gracenote data until Rovi bought them. The web site tv.com uses TiVo's data and is the worst.

I wasn't clear. I posted that I checked out guides online. I should have posted I used the internet to find guides used by various STB and content providers. My cable company uses iGuide for their STB and no guide for their DTAs. If I want to get accurate data I check zap2it, but it dropped two days of data last year and is not a very good web site anymore.

10. radiophone

radiophone New Member

Nov 20, 2018
    Right. I just expect Tivo -- while charging a big fee -- to have listings as good as my cable PVR and free online guides.

Mikeguy likes this.
  11. unclehonkey

unclehonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Mankato, MN
    What is this "big fee" you speak of? ;)
    I remember paying like $200 a few years ago for a Roamio OTA....oh wait I paid like $30 for the cable card adapter on ebay to make it a cable/ota roamio

My cable box has info about as good as Tivo does so I'm sure Mediacom uses Rovi or something similar. The one that irks me is when Tivo screws up a perfectly good listing for no reason. Example right now is Late Late Show. On my "local" CBS KEYC they show it from 11:37-12:30 when in fact it runs until 12:37. This just started a week or so ago. There is another CBS I can get sometimes (WCCO Minneapolis) and they show the guide right. Oh the PSIP from KEYC is correct too so Rovi took a good listing and screwed it up

12. radiophone

radiophone New Member

Nov 20, 2018
    Success again! I put in a support request at
    Report a Lineup Issue
    about the lack of specific episode info for Seth and JimmyF, and within a few days it's done! I'm impressed with the responsiveness of Tivo support!

Mikeguy likes this.
  13. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Curb your enthusiasm. :) I have no metadata for 3/18 on The Tonight Show. Seth is ok. As of 3/20 both are boilerplate. Standard procedure for NBC/CBS late night.

14. radiophone

radiophone New Member

Nov 20, 2018
    You're right, I got too excited too soon -- I shouldn't have been so optimistic. So, I've sent another message to support alerting them that the fix is only for a few days, and we'll see if a more permanent fix shows up at some point...

15. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Don't have too much optimism. Today I watched last night's Jimmy Kimmel Live. He gave the guest list for next week. My TiVo guide is generic. If you want actual data, check zap2it, which uses Gracenote data. Same for all late night. I find zap2it.com about 99% accurate, titantv.com about 90% accurate and a nicer web site. To see the same junk you have on your TiVo, use tv.com since it uses TiVo for its data.

16. radiophone

radiophone New Member

Nov 20, 2018
    Now I'm wondering if the guide will update as the airdate approaches. Yesterday my Seth data was generic as of the 20th, and today it shows ep details through the end of next week. Wed night is still the last ep of JimmyF with ep details though.

17. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    After today's update I'm complete through next week except for late night on NBC and CBS (due to basketball).