Onepass won't find episodes of created with "All" channels selected

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Crrink, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Crrink

Crrink Active Member

Sep 2, 2002
    Austin, TX

Advertisements

I searched and found a number of threads with Onepass issues related to specific shows. I didn't find anything like the experience I'm having:

If I create a Onepass for a show before it has aired and select "all" channels (which I believe is the only option,) once the show enters the guide my Onepass will NOT find the upcoming episodes. I can fix this by changing the Onepass to the specific channel the show is airing on. After doing that, and letting the Roamio Pro find the episodes, I can then change the Onepass back to "all" channels, and it will see the upcoming episodes.

I've also noticed this same problem when creating a Onepass from the TiVo app on my iPhone/iPad.

I believe, but am not positive, that this problem exists even for shows that are currently in the guide.

I don't know if it is significant, but I've gotten the "Onepass is better than ever" software update message several times over the last several months. I don't know if they're related to actual software updates, or if my TiVo is having an issue applying the latest software. I will post the software version I have once I'm home and can look for it on the TiVo.

I'd appreciate any help remedying this problem - we've missed the start of a few shows due to the issue, and nearly missed the start of a few more, now that I know to watch for it.

Thanks,

-Chris

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Make sure the HD only flag is not turned on.

3. Crrink

Crrink Active Member

Sep 2, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Hm, it likely is, especially if that's the default - does that lead to this problem?

4. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Oh my yes! The HD flag is a notorious problem; do not ever use it for shows that you with to record.

My one passes set up for future shows work reliably and do not have the problem you describe. I have learnt through sad experience that Tribune Media has becom very lax about setting the HD flag.