Onepass - what premium channles, what is download manager?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by esilbe1, Feb 21, 2015.

1. esilbe1

esilbe1 Member

Nov 20, 2006

Advertisements

Hi Folks,

As most of you experienced, I have the latest TIVO update. Two questions...

I have Cablevision in NYC, and it seems the only premium channels I can download to my phone are movie channels - i.e. HBO, Starz, Showtime, etc.
    What about channels like AMC?

Also, I am seeing something called Download Manager under Manage Recordings & OnePass. What is the Download Manager?

Thanks.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I have limited experience, but you can download podcasts, like C/NET. If you enable Web Video Hotlist in Video Providers, then Search for CNET, you can select a podcast to download. (Deleting it may be an issue) I use this late night/early morning download to check my internet speed. It only lasts a minute or two and you can see the speed with the diagnostics. The Download Manager is where you can enter selection parameters, like number of episodes to save.

3. 59er

59er TiVotee

Mar 27, 2008
    New York, NY
    Regarding premium side loading, that should enable downloading any copy protected shows to the iOS app (meaning shows that previously couldn't be downloaded onto the iOS app due to the CCI bit/copy protection flag).

I don't know if Cablevision uses that flag to an extreme, the way TWC does, so I don't know whether AMC was previously not available for download; it should now be possible to download either way.