OnePass repeat recording forgets to record next season(1 year later)

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Johnny Danger, May 14, 2019.

1. Johnny Danger

Johnny Danger Member

Dec 27, 2016
    The OnePass repeat recording seem to do an ok job during the season however once the season ends, the next year comes around and it won't record the new shows.

I have to manually delete the onePass recording and redo it when the next season comes around on all the TV shows.

Please tell me if you experience the same situation.

For example, if I tell it to record the Simpsons, it will record all new episode in Season 29 however when the next season comes on a year later( Season 30), it will NOT record the new episodes unless I delete and add the onepass recording again.

What am I doing wrong here?

P.S. I'm not sure if this is a factor or not but I have replaced the included Hard drive with a much larger 8TB hard drive which is getting close to filled up.

Thanks.

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Not seeing any issues here and we have a lot of 1P. Game of Thrones and Agents of Shield for example have recorded fine. Rovi has occasionally used a new SeriesID when a new season starts which would cause this issue but usually people here report it to TiVo and it gets fixed.

Scott

3. Diana Collins

Diana Collins Well-Known Member TCF Club

Aug 21, 2002
    New York...
    Never seen that myself, but I have heard of it a few times (on more than just Tivo DVRs). The explanation given is always related to program IDs changing in the EPG metadata. When it works correctly, the program ID is supposed to prevent errors when season and episode numbers are missing or incorrect. For example, HBO is running a series now called "Chernobyl" that aired episode 2 last night. However, the EPG data listed it as season 1 episode 1. The first and third episodes have no season or episode numbers, only their names. The first and second were both recorded by the same OnePass and episode 3 is flagged to be recorded next Sunday.

Unfortunately, when it doesn't work it can seem mysterious as to why since the error is not in any of the visible information.