OnePass Recording Repeats From Other Channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by RecordCollector, Apr 16, 2017.

1. RecordCollector

RecordCollector New Member

Apr 16, 2017

Advertisements

Hi, I see this topic hasn't been addressed in months, plus my issue is slightly different from other threads. So, first off, I'm new here so thanks in advance for reading this. I have a Bolt 500 GB that is having a lot of OnePass issues. The biggest issue is recording repeats from channels other than the network that airs new episodes. Take CBS' The Big Bang Theory, for instance. The repeats, aired on TBS, clearly show the original air date, which is often many years old. My OnePass settings are as follows:

Include: Recordings only
    Start from: New episodes only
    Rent or Buy: Don't include
    Record: New Only
    Channel: Local CBS affiliate
    Get in HD: If possible
    Keep at most: 25 recordings
    Keep until: Space needed
    Start recording: 1 minute early
    Stop Recording: 1 minute longer

Is there anything that I'm doing wrong or something that I can change that disallows these recordings from TBS? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

2. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    Do you have a Wishlist setup that is also recording Big Bang Theory? That could be one reason. Another is that you have Suggestions turned on and the TiVo is recording repeats of BBT because it thinks you like it. My guess is this is the cause and turning off Suggestions should solve the issue.

RecordCollector likes this.
  3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    I'm guessing Suggestions as well but those should show up with the icon for a Suggestion.

Personally we've always liked Suggestions and I have found it useful for catching shows that I either didn't know were playing or that I would never have watched otherwise.

Scott

4. RecordCollector

Apr 16, 2017
    Thanks for the advice. I have turned off Suggestions and we'll see if that does the trick. I'm thinking it might because of two things:

1. When a new episode airs, it shows up in a folder with repeats from multiple other channels (not just TBS as I originally thought).
    2. When I watch and delete the new episode, all the repeats disappear along with it.

I think I'm probably good to go at this point. I'm hopeful, at the least. :-D Thanks again!

5. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland

Advertisements

Change it to start with the current season as well.

6. RecordCollector

Apr 16, 2017
    Ah, good call! Thank you!

7. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead TCF Club

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Based on these symptoms, especially the last, it definitely sounds like suggestions are being recorded. They will show up in the folder with your scheduled recordings. As soon as all your scheduled recordings are deleted, the folder disappears.

RecordCollector likes this.
  8. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Could be. I like suggestions, so leave them on, however I will often eliminate the thumbs up TiVo provides to every recording and OP.