OnePass Out of Control

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by gbshuler@yahoo.c, Apr 22, 2016.

1. gbshuler@yahoo.c

gbshuler@yahoo.c Clave Man

Feb 25, 2008

Advertisements

On my new Roamio Pro I got Cinemax. This is my chance to watch Banshee!

I set up a OnePass for the primary Cinemax channel including all seasons an all episodes. I was all set. It might take a few months, but I hoped to get many of the episodes.

I noticed only two episodes recorded after two weeks. Hmm.. I have like 10 Cinemax channels. Why am I only looking at one channel? So I specified "All Channels".

A week later I am excited to see page after page of Banshee episodes! Then I look again. The same two episodes I already had. 53 copies of Season 3 Episode 1 and 29 copies of Season 3 Episode 2. When I deleted them all I gained 5% of disk space back.

Where did I go wrong? How could TiVo be "dumb as a coal bucket"? (as we used to say about computers).

How do I setup the optimal OnePass? I think its one channel, or All.

Thanks
    p.s. Looks like Amazon Prime video has season one, so I can get a head start..

2. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    What do you have "Record" set to in the options? You want "New & repeats," not " Everything."

3. gbshuler@yahoo.c

Feb 25, 2008
    I do have the "Record" set to "New & Repeats". Its the "Channel" choice setting that is the problem.

You have a choice "A single channel" or "All Channels". I figured Banshee would only be on the Cinemax suite of channels so All Channels was appropriate. This gives me many more opportunities to come across episodes. So why did TiVo record 53 copies of one episode. Very odd.

4. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    You have the option to record new, new & repeats and everything (used to indicate including duplicates). You have it set wrong. There is an option to set a default value in settings, recordings menu. You're either mistaken as to the option you selected or the default setting overrided your settings

Edited to add there might be an issue with the guide data. Tivo might not know the episodes are duplicates. Tivo goes by ba program ID number.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  5. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...

Advertisements

zap2it shows no old episodes of "Banshee" showing, only multiple showings of episodes of the new season, which is season 4.

6. gbshuler@yahoo.c

Feb 25, 2008
    I just noticed I can get Cinemax MAX GO with my Charter Spectrum subscription. TiVo has HBO GO. Why not MAX GO???
    In any case I can watch any episode of any season of Banshee with MAX GO on my laptop/phone.

Not that anyone is reading at this point, but I will say I really thought the Cinemax series HUNTED was a fantastic British spy series. Brian Cox was fantastic. Only one season, but worth watching!

7. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    wait, NOT everything?

Wouldn't Everything record _all_ episodes, including duplicates (which is what they used to call it) across all channels?

8. gbshuler@yahoo.c

Feb 25, 2008
    Unless the engineers at TiVo have been drinking there should not be any way possible for me to end up with 53 copies of the same episode no matter what I do. It's a bug. If I can reproduce it I will post a photo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Post a photo of your One Pass as well.

10. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    Tivo offers an option to record everything inckuding duplicates. That could give you 53 identical copies, if you didn't limit the number of episodes.

It's a feature, not a bug. It's used when the guide data is bad.
    Edited to add:
    I setup a "test" one pass, new and reruns for Banshee. As expected, my to do list isn't showing any duplicates.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  11. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Yes, that's intended..