OnePass not recording

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jstaso, Sep 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. jstaso

jstaso Member

Mar 8, 2004

Advertisements

What could be the reasons for a OnePass not recording and future episodes not listed in the todo list. I added the show "Enslaved" which is on Monday at 10pm on Xfinity channel 313 which I receive and shows up in the guide but is not recording.

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 3.57.17 PM.png

It's marked in the guide as "new" and I don't see the problem.

This sometimes happens with my wishlists too. I'll have listings as upcoming but nothing is checked to record.

2. Tony1965

Tony1965 New Member

Nov 20, 2016
    I'm also having trouble with OnePass and posted this in the Edge forum. When I set a show to record a season and I choose "All" channels to record so I can avoid as many conflicts as possible, the show never shows up in my to do list. When i go back to check the show in my OnePass manager, the show is greyed out showing that there are no upcoming episodes. If I specify a channel when I create my OnePass then it will record that channel at that time. This is beyond frustrating as I have a lot of OnePass options and many different premium channels that can potentially record at a more appropriate time.

3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Besides the new flag which is not used in recording, what does the rest of the guide information show (especially OAD and the show information since that's what the 1P uses to decide to record)? Also, I never use All channels personally as I want to control what channel the 1P records and never have an issue with conflicts at least with the number of 1P we have and 6 tuners.

Scott

4. Tony1965

Tony1965 New Member

Nov 20, 2016
    I see your point but I record lots of programming and to have the ability for the box to record something earlier or later based on availability especially premium channels is what it is supposed to do. Having to designate a time and a channel for each onepass is a drag especially if I put a new onepass or two or 5 in that time slot the machine should use it's AI to find another airing

5. jstaso

jstaso Member

Mar 8, 2004

Advertisements

Here is a screenshot of the guide information for the show:

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 7.47.01 PM.png

It's marked to record only because I set it to record manually (1 check mark).

I did notice there are two station numbers this show was on but I don't receive the higher one. It could be that it tried to record off the channel I don't receive. I marked that channel as one I don't receive. Is there a way to have TiVo go through your channel list and mark off the ones where there is no video signal?

6. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    tivo guide data is crap, and tivo doesn't appear interested in fixing it. until they do, no tivo dvr will record passes accurately.

if you'd like service that appears to work hassle-free, i've been impressed while testing comcast's x1 cloud dvr, it records passes reliably, and they have commercial skip, too.

PSU_Sudzi likes this.
  7. HerronScott

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    That's the show information and shows your 1P (not 1 check as you mentioned but 2 checks for the 1P) and not a specific episode which would have the specific show data and OAD. Can you show one that is not set to record?

You definitely want to remove channels you don't receive (and SD channels) since that could cause issues if you use All versus setting the 1P to record a specific channel. Unfortunately there is no automatic way to do that.

Scott

PSU_Sudzi likes this.
  8. HerronScott

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    There definitely have been issues with TiVo's guide data but not all of us have been impacted as at least the ones that I've seen have corrected before the recording date. Usually for me they are generic data and I see more episodes in the ToDo list the farther out you go which go away.

Scott

9. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I'm happy with an 8-day guide. The second week is a usually just a boilerplate waiting to be filled in.

10. jstaso

jstaso Member

Mar 8, 2004
    It changed to 2 checkmarks after I deleted the higher channel.

11. hoffman163

hoffman163 New Member

Oct 2, 2020
    There's definitely a problem with OnePass and setting "All" for the channels. Tivo must know about this problem, but they are not being very forthcoming about it.
    Others have posted that calling the Tivo Help line is worthless, as they just have you repeat guided setup and reconnect. That doesn't fix the problem.
    If Tivo doesn't explain soon and get a software fix, they are going to start seeing a lot more cord cutters who give up on cable completely.
    I'm going to be one of them.