OnePass New produces OnePass New + occasional old

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by sbhnet, Jan 4, 2018.

1. sbhnet

sbhnet New Member

Jul 11, 2014
    It appears that the recordings from recommendations is ignoring OnePass settings. I have a new Bolt 500 and have multiple OnePasses set up all set to New and to a specific channel. It's not duplicating shows, but it's recording old shows (like from previous seasons) in addition to the new ones specified by OnePass. So far, I've had to turn off recommendations in order to stop this, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how you fixed it. Thanks!

2. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    I think TiVo Suggestions run independent of One Passes. So if you have One Pass for a show like Modern Family set to new recordings only Suggestions may grab old reruns. I don’t like Suggestions so have them turned off but maybe someone else can confirm.

rdrrepair likes this.
  3. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York
    Exactly what I do too. If you like the recordings that are grabbed as a suggestion than you're going to get some unwanted recordings on occasion.

PSU_Sudzi likes this.
  4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Its the insufficient or lack of guide data that is causing the passes to record old shows.

I have my passes set to record starting from the current season and the only episodes, what I now get are from the current season (no old shows with lack of data)