Onepass help with recording a season

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by rah350z, Jul 22, 2016.

1. rah350z

rah350z New Member

Jul 22, 2016
    Maryland

Advertisements

I bought TiVo recently and thought that the Onepass feature was wonderful and could set it up for future recordings of all new episodes. Sadly I can't for the life of me figure this out for my mother who only watches TFC (The Filipino Channel) and GMA Pinoy TV.

TFC has shows that come on during the day to air and then rerun the same episode early in the morning. Whenever I set onepass to record just "New" episodes, it records the new and also the reruns. Basically it will DVR double the episodes per day. Has anyone had any experience with this especially with this channel and has successfully set it up so that I don't have to hit manual record for every single future episode?

2. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    I'm afraid this is not an uncommon situation. Often the station won't supply different ids to the program and TiVo will treat them all as new. This happens on a lot of the lesser watched channels. The only workaround unfortunately is manual recording. This actually isn't too bad as it is easy to to set up and once set up it works fine.

3. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    If there's not accurate guide data, it'll record everything.

If the show is on at the same time every day, you can set up a repeating manual recording.