1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OnePass feature request

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by ScottDC, Nov 13, 2017.

1. ScottDC

ScottDC New Member

Nov 12, 2017
    I would like to have an option to mark a onepass as "lowest priority". There are shows like The Simpsons that I like but I don't want them to ever take priority over anything else. There are plenty of unwatched episodes that I can watch instead. Also I don't want to distinguish between the 49th and 50th show in my onepass list. If there is ever any conflict, don't record any of the shows I have marked "lowest priority". The biggest problem is that whenever I add a new show, it goes to the end of the list until I manually move it up to higher priority. But I have a bunch of shows that I know should always be lower priority than any new shows I add unless they too are marked "lowest priority". The other problem is that if I want to record a football game or something when The Simpsons is on, I get that warning box asking if I want to clip the lowest priority show on the list. But often that isn't the simpsons but instead some other show that I don't want clipped. So I end up having to cancel, navigate through all the menus and move the other show above the Simpsons in the priority list, and then come back and set the game to record again. The whole thing takes a couple minutes and there have been times that I just give up because I'm busy. If I could just mark the Simpsons and other shows like it in my list as lowest priority and to always yield to all other shows, I wouldn't have to ever address that warning box.
    Thanks for taking the time to read my request!
    ~ScottDC

2. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    How would you differentiate between multiple “lowest priority” shows? Maybe a priority list that you can sort to fit your needs?

3. ScottDC

ScottDC New Member

Nov 12, 2017
    I understand that this sortable master list is the way it currently works, and I agree that it is very helpful, but my point was that I don't want to have to differentiate between multiple lowest priority shows. I don't want any of them to record whenever there is any conflict at all. The problem I really have is that new onepasses automatically have the lowest priority (please correct me if this is configurable). At the bottom of the list, new onepasses will always lose out to the Simpsons until I go into the settings and manually move it up, and this process is somewhat time consuming compared to how easy it is to add a new onepass.

4. sangs

sangs Member

Jan 1, 2003
    New Jersey
    I'm confused. All you need to do to accomplish this is select "The Simpsons" in the One Pass list and move it to the bottom, correct? What am I missing?

dfreybur likes this.
  5. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I don't think he wants to work that hard... :D

stevewjackson likes this.
  6. Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Active Member

May 8, 2006
    lol