OnePass and Sports Teams

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by WatchingInLA, Jan 6, 2019.

1. WatchingInLA

WatchingInLA New Member

Jan 6, 2019
    I have a Bolt connected to Spectrum (Time Warner Cable). I have a OnePass setup for a few sports teams. Often a game will be on several Spectrum cable channels. Here are my problems:

1) Sometimes it will record the game in Spanish. Can I tell it English Only?

2) Often it will record the game multiple times simultaneously, and this can block other scheduled recordings. Can I tell it one is enough?

3) Sometimes, if a game is blacked out, it will only record it on the blacked out channel. How can I prevent that?

4) If a game is live at 7:30pm, it will often be repeated later that night. Sometimes Tivo will ONLY record the later tape-delayed game. How can I prevent that?

Thanks in advance.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    If the channel is all spanish, remove it from your channels list. Then, it will not record from it.

If you just want it to record a specific team, use an auto-recording wishlist set to the team name, ie: San Francisco 49ers.

3. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    I would also recommend that you review your to do list for conflicts and duplicates. It doesn’t take much to clean it up. Just hit the clear button on items you don’t want.

Also, use the ordering in the one pass list to set priorities where you may have conflicts.

4. WatchingInLA

WatchingInLA New Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Thank you both for your suggestions. Good idea to eliminate the Spanish language stations. That should clear that up.

Re: auto-recording wishlist. I had not heard about using that instead of OnePass. I googled it and setup a Wishlist for Lakers. In the next twelve hours, it will record Access Sportsnet: Lakers, Lakers Top Ten and Planet Lakers. All of them three times apiece. That's not OK. What about using the Category on the Wishlist? Is there a category for only live games?

Re: cleaning up the conflicts. So before each game, visit the To Do List and just delete the extra recordings? Is there an easy way to do that?

5. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    You can do it like once a week or so. Yes. I am not sure which version of TiVo software you have to get to the to do list but once you get there, just hit the clear button when the duplicate is selected. It will eliminate it.

Everyone should review their to do list occasionally because TiVo does its thing but won’t notify you of oddities and conflicts unless you look at the to do list.

6. worachj

worachj Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Eagan, MN
    To record live sporting events use ...
    Category Sports:Sports Event

Example of a Wishlist for Vikings NFL football: Use optional (), Exclude -, required

Keyword: Football, -Spanish
    Title Keyword: (Minnesota, Vikings), -Gophers
    Category: Sports: Sports Event

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019