One Passes are a real mess

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jjg247, Oct 11, 2020.

1. jjg247

jjg247 Member

Oct 1, 2002

Advertisements

Just noticed a bunch of my shows aren’t being recorded. I had the one passes set to ‘all’ channels which apparently the Tivo doesn’t like any more. I cleaned those up and now those look ok.

Next issue, the NBA finals tonight is getting captured in my Miami Heat wishlist, but it says it will record it at 4am tomorrow morning instead of 730PM on ABC. It won’t even let me manually record the game on ABC because it says it is being recorded at 4am? I’m baffled by this. I had to record the pregame show and add 3 hours to the end of it.

anybody have any ideas?

Noelmel likes this.
  2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Honestly the data has ben f*ucked up since they switched to Rovi. There were minor issues before with the Tribune data, but I've had WAY more issues like the ones you described since the Rovi switch. Unfortunately there is no fix for bad data on a product that is so heavily dependent on accurate data to function.

V7Goose and Noelmel like this.
  3. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    bad data doesn't bother me as much as the failure to learn from mistakes and eliminate the causes - not only do they fail to permanently address ongoing issues, they keep adding new ones they also tend to ignore - it's maddening at times, but there's an out, and each screw up drives me closer to it.

Noelmel likes this.
  4. jfalkingham

jfalkingham Member

Jul 23, 2002
    New Hampshire
    The bad data not being corrected was the last straw here. I still have my TiVo loaded with content for the kids but the Xfinity x1 and stream have replaced TiVo for live viewing and recording.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

5. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...

Advertisements

I have 3 TiVos, all, set to record some programs that I watch.
    Most of the time 2 of them capture the programming. Some times just one records.
    Been like this for several years now.