One Pass

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tomdom25, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Dec 7, 2015 #1 of 11
    tomdom25

tomdom25 New Member

Aug 15, 2009

Advertisements

I woke up this morning to find I can't make any new one pass recordings. When one pass is selected, the screen flashes to the one pass options, and quickly returns to the guide screen. I can make a one time recording, but no one pass. I rebooted my Roamio Plus, thinking that might help, but it didn't. I have Cablevision on the east coast, and it's too early to call Tivo. I've emailed them, but I think I might get some bs reply. The Tivo is only a few months old and except for this current problem, it's worked flawlessly.
    Any thoughts?

2. Dec 7, 2015 #2 of 11
    JolDC

JolDC Active Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Arlington VA
    I am having the same problem here in Arlington VA with Comcast. Usually this is the result of some problem back on the TIVo servers.

3. Dec 7, 2015 #3 of 11
    tomdom25

tomdom25 New Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Thanks. Thinking it was my Roamio, I never checked my Premier. I just did and it has the same problem. I was too focused on the Roamio since it's fairly new. Simple problems like this are frustrating. I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens.

4. Dec 7, 2015 #4 of 11
    realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Same here. Columbus, OH, 4 tuner Premeire on Time Warner. Also, just now in a possibly unrelated but no less annoying problem, all of my Netflix OnePasses are showing every episode as new despite those episodes already being watched.

5. Dec 7, 2015 #5 of 11
    PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs

Advertisements

I was having a problem with viewing items in my to do list must've been a TiVo server issue. Resolved now for me.

6. Dec 7, 2015 #6 of 11
    realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Yep, it's working again to set up new OnePasses. Maybe TiVo restarted something? All of my streaming OnePasses basically reset as new with TiVo no longer remembering which episodes were watched.

7. Dec 7, 2015 #7 of 11
    krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Well, TiVo doesn't have a "Watched" classification, though they should -- along with personalization features that would allow keeping track on a per viewer basis.

But, yeah, whatever they *do* have shouldn't reset in the fashion you've described.

8. Dec 7, 2015 #8 of 11
    realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    True. I just wasn't sure what to call it. My Shows? Deleted streaming episodes?

9. Dec 7, 2015 #9 of 11
    tommage1

tommage1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Wee hours last evening I had the same problem. On both Roamios. One using cable, the other OTA. Could not setup OnePass or explore any show, would just flash and go back to same screen. One of my Roamios is working this morning again, have not checked the other yet. Wonder if something to do with some software update. Chicago area by the way.

10. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    THIS is the kind of thing that ticks me off about the required net-connectedness of current Tivos.. I couldn't enter any of my items in my to do list for hours.. (Though I was able to do PART of what I wanted to do on the iOS app.)

I realize, since I'm still a customer, I am giving them positive feedback ($$$) for an annoying feature. I just wish they would behave as well as a S1.. they don't.

11. dfreybur

dfreybur Active Member

Jan 27, 2006
    A week later and this is still an issue. All One Pass streaming subscriptions have zero memory at all and refuse to remember.

Before the 7th I could delete episodes I watched, which I used heavily to track what episodes I've watched. I would delete episodes so the next one was ready to watch.

Since the 7th no matter how many times I delete an episode out of Now Playing it stays. This makes One Pass worthless for maintaining memory of where we are watching a show.