One Pass Survived HDD change

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by joewom, Feb 8, 2015.

1. joewom

joewom Member

Dec 10, 2013

Advertisements

OK, so I upgraded my HDD today and after it started up all my onepasses were gone which I knew would happen. But one survived. It was house of cards. Why did this one survive? Are certain ones saved differently?

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    That's streaming only right? I would guess that's why it survived.

Scott

3. joewom

joewom Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Yes it is. But why would they save streaming only on their servers and not others?

4. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Sorry, I think I misunderstood! I was thinking you meant the others were restored without the streaming setting.

So none of your other season passes/OnePasses were restored at all?

Scott

5. joewom

joewom Member

Dec 10, 2013

Advertisements

no. I transferred them all to another TIVO online so it would be easier. After I got it installed and all up and running I logged in and that onepass was already showing on the upgraded hard drive TIVO. No other one was showing. I did in fact set this up prior to the upgrade but it is the only one that was still there. I had over 100. But that was the only streaming only one.

6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    If you force a couple of calls all your 1Ps should be restored. TiVo has had the ability to backup your SPs and restore them if the drive is swapped for quite a while.

7. joewom

joewom Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Did not know that. I moved them all to another tivo and moved back. Would have saved allot of time lol. Since I couldn't select all as an error would happen everything. That's a huge feature and not know. To most at all.

8. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Another option is to use kmttg. It has a way to backup SPs to your PC and then restore them. This also works for transferring them to another TiVo if you upgrade. (Premier and later units only)

9. joewom

joewom Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Thanks. I read allot of post mentioning that. I will look I to it.