One Pass recordings not in their own folder

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by JimSch, Sep 21, 2017.

1. JimSch

JimSch New Member

Sep 21, 2017

Advertisements

i have a One Pass recording for a TV series. It was recorded last week. The show is in TiVo Suggestions folder instead of in its own folder. I expected these recordings to be at the top of My Shows / All. Instead they are buried in the large suggestions folder. I do not have any Wish List searches that would qualify this program.

Is this a bug?

2. JimSch

JimSch New Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Oh, that was a Suggestion recording of a rerun. It was not my One Pass for new episodes. A bit confusing because TiVo didn't tell me why this was recorded. In fact, if I have a One Pass for new episodes only, it's a brain dead algorithm that would suggest reruns of the same. "Oh, only interested in meatless meals? Then perhaps you'd like this ham sandwich..."

3. Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2006
    TiVo suggestions and wish lists are pretty useless for specific events. Wish list works ok for actor or director settings but will capture interview shows as well.

4. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Umm, that's a GOOD thing, IMHO (capture interview shows). For example, I have a bunch of WLs for various actors, and they catch recordings on talk shows other than the late night ones.. and some musicians/bands the same way.

But as for suggestions, I often have one of my Tivos record World News Now as a suggestion EVEN when I am already recording it as a OP item.

5. Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2006

Advertisements

I'd rather record the same thing twice than miss it.

Mikeguy likes this.