1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One Pass and Wish List not working as they should

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by lintonsa, Sep 12, 2016.

1. lintonsa

lintonsa New Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I am a fan of European soccer, I have a One Pass for both the English Premier League (EPL) and the German Bundesliga. Recently only the EPL recordings got scheduled with One Pass, the Bundesliga games didn't register in One Pass any longer. I thought I would try setting Bundesliga recordings up through Wish List. This didn't register any "to be recordings" either. Is anyone else noticing anything similar? Anyone know what the cause and or resolution might be. Or, has Tivo addressed this issue already? I am running the latest updated software, sorry not certain of the version number.

2. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    I had a problem with my NFL wishlist for New England Patriots. Apparently they dropped "Patriots" from the guide data, so my wishlist stopped working, I had to remove the word Patriots. Now my WL is working correctly.

3. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Such problems are numerous, caused by TiVo switching to Rovi as the supplier for guide data. Scan some of the other threads for many examples. TiVo is well aware of this and supposedly is working to fix it -- but they aren't very transparent about reporting progress of their efforts.

videobruce likes this.
  4. AntiPC

AntiPC Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2005
    Chicago,...
    What I found was that One Passes set up for "all" channels didn't schedule. If I selected one channel (after fixing my newly screwed up channel lineup), the One Pass would schedule recordings for that channel.

e.g. NFL Football for all channels wouldn't schedule at all, but switching the One Pass to FOX or CBS would.

5. crbnfbr

crbnfbr New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    I had the exact same problem with my BPL, Bundesliga, UCL and F1 One Passes. I had to create auto recording wishlists and set them to record Everything instead of New only. It now records all the matches, but it also records the same matches multiple times. So, I just go into the To Do List and cancel the duplicate recordings. It is a bit of a pain but it's the best option available currently with the new Rovi guide data.

6. n5pwp

n5pwp Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Everybody is having their problems with the new Rovi Guide. I'm still on the Tribune Media guide and 1P timers that I set up in past years that have been working just fine seem to be having trouble with the Tivo Roamio and the new season. My wife likes the doctor shows. Dr Oz seems to be recording the new season shows OK. But her Dr Phils don't show up the guide as a task but it recorded last week's shows OK. It missed this Monday's show and I had to go add the shows this week to the recording list. Even though they were in the To-Do list they didn't show the check mark indicating they would be recorded and the guide didn't show the up-coming episodes were to be recorded either. So it appears that it isn't just a Rovi issue. It appears that the Tivo software is confused during the process of switching over. I don't understand that because if you haven't made the switch to the Rovi guide why are there problems? Has Tivo already dropped the Tribune stuff?

7. Furmaniac

Furmaniac Active Member

Apr 3, 2018
    I have wishlists that ignore some of the optional recording items listed in the title section. The only way to fix it he's to rewrite the entire wishlist and delete the old one.

Also the categories on a wishlist mean nothing. If I choose an actor's name, any word or actor with that surname records.

I even get shows that will record and I can't figure out what triggered the recording. There is no word in the show's actors list or description list or Title list that matches anything in the wishlist.

I am also getting blue spinning circles at a greater frequency. It may be because I have well over a hundred wishlists with complicated items including loads of optionals and ignores.

8. videobruce

videobruce OTA is still alive

Nov 30, 2012
    Buffalo NY
    Nothing has really changed AFAIC, I still miss recordings thru Season Pass, or One Pass (whatever they are calling it now). :mad: