One hour South Park Sept. 30

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jamesbobo, Sep 16, 2020.

1. jamesbobo

jamesbobo with a grain of salt

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ

Advertisements

For the first time, South Park will have a one hour episode. It will deal with the Corona virus. While there have been story arcs that lasted an hour or more, they have been divided in half hour increments. This will air on Comedy Central on Wednesday, Sept. 30. Don't miss it!!

2. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    sweeet

3. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i've never watched an ep of south park, but have set the recording - i can't wait for the welcomed comic relief, thanks for the heads up.

4. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    This is one of those shows I watch out of habit. The seasons are pretty short, and there's usually still one or two good episodes a season that make it worth it. Mostly, it's gotten staid. The last few seasons have been much more serialized than in the past. Not sure why they've gone that way. My favorite "arc" is the Black Friday trilogy. That was among the best work they've ever done tying in Game of Thrones with the gaming console wars.

tim1724 likes this.
  5. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana

Advertisements

Saw the commercial the other day-Soooooooooooooooooooo excited!

6. KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    The Tegridy Farms episodes have been fantastic! The Christmas Snow episode was especially funny.

I didn't care for the Mexican Joker episode a whole lot but neither did most others which the show acknowledged in a funny way.

jsmeeker likes this.
  7. mlsnyc

mlsnyc Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 2, 2009
    Catching up on season 23 now on HBO Max. I caught episodes here and there for the season but didn't see the whole thing. Funny stuff.

8. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    I wonder what the Coronavirus will do to Kenny.

jeetkunedo likes this.
  9. mlsnyc

Dec 2, 2009
    PSA for those who are looking to record the episode: I have a 1P which shows that this is an upcoming new episode, but it wasn't set to record. I needed to manually set the recording. If you haven't done so already, you may want to check your upcoming recordings to make sure this is being picked up.

Crappy TE4 guide data shows it as S23E11 and no description, while FiOS shows it as S24E1 with a description that it's a pandemic special. Not that it matters if that has any bearing on it or not.

10. jsmeeker

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Tegrity Farms was great.. Good Randy focused episodes.. But I like Mexican Joker. It was solid, on point commentary.

11. jsmeeker

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas

Maybe he dies! :eek:

jeetkunedo likes this.
  12. ufo4sale

ufo4sale Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Somerset NJ...
    Isn't that Kennys special ability. ;)

13. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    My DirecTV Genie seems to have picked it up. So this could just be a Fios or TiVo thing?

14. mlsnyc

Dec 2, 2009
    Crappy TiVo thing (I should've clarified that TE4 is the version of TiVo software). I'm sure FiOS would've picked it up. It was their guide data which looked correct and what I compared my TiVo to.

15. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    heck, I'm a couple seasons behind (I will eventually catch up/watch them all.. I did that with Bob's Burgers and at one point was mostly caught up with Family Guy but think I'm behind now..)..

but my reaction to South park is that it's HILARIOUS or it's really stupid/gross.. sometimes but not usually within the same episode.

jeetkunedo and Steveknj like this.