ONE channel not working

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Alcarl, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Alcarl

Alcarl New Member

Dec 11, 2017
    I have a Roamio OTA. Up until about a month ago everything was fine but then my favorite channel (11.1) stopped working. I assumed it was my antenna because I originally bought a cheap piece of junk.

I finally got around to ordering a new one and installed it last night. Same issue. 11.2 and 11.3 work just fine. The signal strength is about 70 which I know is below their recommendation but I would expect pixelation or maybe even sound with no picture but instead there’s just a black screen.

If I put the exact same cable directly into the TV then that channel comes in great. I’m at a loss. Anyone have any tips?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Call letters?

3. Alcarl

Alcarl New Member

Dec 11, 2017
    KHOU is the offending channel.

The other major stations, KPRC and KTRK are fine, along with public access. All of the antennas are in pretty much the same direction from me.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Nothing newsworthy. Maybe send the station an email?

KHOU - Wikipedia

BTW, a signal doesn't mean content. I just lost Justice on cable. Still have a signal, but just a blank screen. Coincidence?

5. Alcarl

Alcarl New Member

Dec 11, 2017
    I found another thread that mentioned this problem and followed the advice there.

Going back through the guided setup cleared the issue and everything is good to go...for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Alcarl

Alcarl New Member

Dec 11, 2017
    I was kinda ticked at the response (or lack thereof) from Tivo tech support. Their only suggestion was that I go out and buy a signal booster. They couldn’t explain why 11.2 and 11.3 were fine or why 11.1 worked through my TV tuner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. jeffl.ors

jeffl.ors New Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Since they moved tech support overseas to the Philippines, they're worthless. They don't even have TiVo there someone coukf take it home and play with it.
    Sounds like the OTA tuner might be going out. When a tuner starts to go, it will migrate up or down or both but the channels will be right next to each other, they won't skip. If the channel works directly into your TV, that's a pretty sure sign. Try disconnecting the cable from the Roamio, reboot it, reconnect the antenna and rescan.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

8. Alcarl

Alcarl New Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Running through the Guided Setup cleared the issue. I'll try your way if it happens again. It's bound to be faster.

9. WaltSm53

WaltSm53 New Member

Jun 18, 2018
    Can you point me to the thread you mentioned? I'm having a similar issue with one channel
    Thx
    Walt

10. Alcarl

Alcarl New Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Here's the thread.

All I remember was that I ran the Guided Setup. It takes a while to do but afterwards that one station was just fine and I haven't had any issues with it since then.

Channel Mapping Corruption OTA