Once Upon A Time - "What Happened to Frederick" - S01E13

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Cereal_Killer, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer Member

Jan 5, 2007

Advertisements

Snow White is a tramp! Eww.

Meanwhile, James is really charming - not. He’s a home wrecker, a liar; he’s probably a thief too.

I guess Madam Mayor couldn’t bear having her “friend” leave StoryBrooke and be happy, nooo not her. Oh what a dear friend!
    She probably spied on Kathryn and took her from the wreck (Emma’s son: “bad things happen when you leave”) and stuck her in the Looney Bin with Belle.

I guess Mr. Booth was waterproofing the pages of the Book so he could dump it in the sewer near Emma’s car? Also, did he add the story of Fredrick in it? I still don’t know exactly who he is, but he’s obviously the book’s creator. Next week (2 weeks) looks interesting.

2. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    A better question is "whathappenedtothespacesintheepisodename"? :)

3. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I said last week that both James and Mary Margaret are sleazebags. And now I think so even more.

I hope we're not supposed to be rooting for them, but I have the sinking feeling we are.

4. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer Member

Jan 5, 2007
    Oopps! Didn’t think it would all fit.:up:

5. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI

Advertisements

Heh - no worries, just giving you a little grief. :D

I must be slow, because I couldn't figure out what the guy was doing to the pages. It looked to me almost like a manual photo developing process, except these were paper pages, not photos, and it was way too light in that room to be a darkroom.

I think the gist that we're supposed to get from James/Mary Margaret in Storybrooke is that they're your classic "star crossed lovers." They belong together, but both the fates and themselves are getting in the way of themselves. So, I believe we're supposed to be pulling for them, in a way, but we are also supposed to find the way they're going about things rather distasteful.

I'll guess that we're going to get an episode later on that will explain why they're so star-crossed... I'd guess it'll be a big pivotal episode, either a sweeps episode or a season finale, where we both discover that they're cursed somehow, and where they finally break that curse... but being together will somehow trigger something ultimately worse.

I'm trying to figure out what the reason for the video game Regina gave is. Her reason that it's just because she loves him is obviously bunk, but the real reason eludes me.

6. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Um, we already know they are cursed and that the curse is preventing them from having a happy ending so that no matter what while the curse exists they cannot be together and happy. It's kind of the whole point of the Queen's curse. You know, the entire plot of the show. :D

7. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    I don't think so. I think the box it was in kept it dry. I think he was antiquing the pages he was inserting into the book.

8. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yeah, that's what I got from it.

Gee, I wonder if Henry will notice there's something new in his favorite book of all time? :D

9. aRKade

aRKade New Member

May 22, 2002
    Farmington, MN
    I thought he was copying the book so he could return it and still have his own copy.

Also, wasn't Kathryn's true love Frederick a high school student in Storybrooke? That's kinda creepy.

10. Roommate

Roommate New Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Hopefully it's more than just Disney product placement. "Space Paranoids" is the game Flynn created in Tron. :rolleyes:

11. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    If it were more of a direct reference to Tron, I'd say product placement; in this case, I think they just used a name of a game they could use easily, cheaply (since they already own it and wouldn't have to license it) and safely (since they wouldn't have to research to see if it duplicated a real life video game name).

12. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Anyone else think August looks all Marfan-y like Abe Lincoln?
    He even has the little mole like Abe... if they start bringing back dead Presidents I'm outta here.
    Honestly he kind of skeeves me out.

13. Roommate

Roommate New Member

Apr 23, 2003
    I agree, "product placement" was the wrong term. More of an easter egg, like Apollo candy bars. I found it amusing, it just seems like a long way to go for an easter egg if that's all it was. So you are probably right that there is more to it than that.

14. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer Member

Jan 5, 2007
    I though he was a gym teacher. He had on a blue hoodie with the school’s crest, a whistle, and several soccer balls with him. He does look young though.

Meanwhile, after all these episodes, Emma still doesn’t have a clue! It’s time to start believing – at least a little bit.

I also thought it was funny that the Mayor spray painted the car. She’s so ghetto!

15. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead TCF Club

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I too liked how, near the end, they showed the can of red spray paint TRAMP in the Mayor's desk drawer.

16. KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    Im starting to get tired of Regina constantly being one step ahead of everyone. At what point does Emma get a win?

17. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    That's been my complaint for a while now. The hero of the show is a loser (and I haven't been convinced by arguments that she's not the hero of the show).

18. KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    Yea.. I mean, at what point does the tide turn? More and more stuff keeps going Regina's way which at some point is going to have to swing back in the hero's direction and the way stuff is piling up, that's a lot of stuff!

Its getting old watching Emma continuously come out loser to Regina. Even when Emma has thought she's won, Regina was one step ahead of her.

19. Zarisa

Zarisa New Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Few different things:

I THINK she won't get a "win" untill she submits/understands to the fact that she's in a cursed world.

I completely agree with this accessment. I think this guy is the creator of this book and added the pages. Once he addes them ...things come to pass.

Another thought is that he actualy is EDITING the book. Changing it to fit
    a new storyline. Since he's a "Writer".

Also noticed no one is talking about the keys. Are we to assume she has access to everyones houses/buildings in all of storybrook? I would assume everyone minus Mr. Gold.

20. KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    Thats not the first time we've seen those keys and I think your assessment is pretty accurate. She probably has access to everyone's home and business except Gold's.