Once Upon A Time - "True North" - S01E09

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by martinp13, Jan 16, 2012.

1. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Pretty good episode, except that Hansel is a MORON. He did nothing but disobey that entire episode. :)

I was a little surprised that the kids Here were reunited with their father, but the kids There were not. Up to now I believe the parallel stories have concluded similarly in both worlds.

We got some good information out of Emma about Henry's father. I wondered if Mr Biker is him, but Emma would have recognized him and she obviously didn't. And of course that would have been too easy.

Who do you guys think Mr Biker is?

2. KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    Im guessing you didnt watch the scenes for next week?

I could be mistaken but I think he was in there in a flashback.

3. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I thought there were supposed to be no more happy endings, but this week certainly had one.

4. martinp13

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Hmmmm... I did but I don't think I drew any conclusions. I will re-watch tonight. :)

5. martinp13

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Emma is changing things... don't you listen to Henry repeat that every week? :)

6. eddyj

eddyj SeƱor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    And that is why the kids were reunited with their dad, she changed things.

7. matt@thehickmans

matt@thehickmans Hemo_jr

Jan 8, 2008
    With the first successful happy ending on the series, I'd have thought that the town clock might move a bit.

8. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Forget Cinderella/Ashley?

And I don't think that Mr. Biker is nearly as important as that wooden box he had strapped on the back of his motorcycle :D

9. martinp13

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    It hasn't stopped moving since it started at the end of the pilot. Remember, it bonged the next morning and surprised everyone (of course, it had run all night, so why didn't THAT bonging alarm anyone?).

10. martinp13

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    They were rather heavy-handed on that, weren't they? Every shot of the guy on the cycle was him driving away from an extreme closeup on the box. :)

11. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I thought he was supposed to be the younger brother, but didn't they say they were twins? Gretel really was the boss.

I thought Emma made up the stuff about Henry's father. She seemed like she was going to confess, but he was so happy that she didn't.

12. martinp13

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    She made up the fireman stuff, and confessed that to Mary Margaret but didn't reveal the truth.

13. mm2margaret

mm2margaret Meagan

Dec 7, 2010
    northern...
    I think the key here is that Emma is "changing things". That means that "good" has a chance.

It portends well for the the future, methinks...

14. JoBeth66

JoBeth66 Temp

Feb 15, 2002
    There was a box on the motorcycle? Wow, they really underplayed that.

:)

15. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    EQ was looking mighty good when she got out of her carriage. :up:

I also thought that motorcycle guy was going to be Henry's father. But agree that Emma would have recognized him right away.

16. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    While I like the show a lot, the effects, costumes and general feel of the fantasy scenes are so terrible that it often pulls me out of the story. It looks so amateurish. I much prefer the modern world scenes and I have to try not to roll my eyes when we switch back to the fantasy world.

I had a hard time caring about the twins in this episode. Obviously they weren't going to be eaten by the witch, so there was really not any suspense there. And back in the real world, there was never much doubt their father would be found and step up to care for them. I did like some of the small arch tidbits that were pushed forward: the lie about Henry's father; Rumple seeming to know everything about everyone yet again; Snow learning that Henry thinks Emma is her daughter, then being stirred by Emma's baby blanket.

The previews for next week looked like a much better episode than this one.

17. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I thought it was pretty obvious that motorcycle stranger was Henry's father. There seemed to be a glimmer of recognition in both of their eyes, but since it's been over 10 years, they could each look very different. What did you guys see that makes you think he isn't Henry's father?

It was nice seeing Alex Krycek again. It's been a long time since I've seen Nicholas Lea. Wonder if he'll be in any further eps or if this was just a one-episode appearance.

18. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    THANK YOU! I knew that I knew him but could not remember where, and forgot to rewind to check the guest star credits.

19. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Emma's lack of response.

I can guarantee I would recognize anyone I have ever slept with even if I was plastered and it was 40 years ago.
    Double triple quadruple if a child was conceived.
    I cannot imagine her not recognizing Henry's father.

20. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I thought she did recognize him. There was a brief awkward silence where it seemed that both of them were about to say something and then they each realized that if they didn't acknowledge it, they could pretend they didn't know each other.