Once Upon A Time - "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" - OAD 12/11/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by TriBruin, Dec 11, 2011.

1. TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    OK, can we all agree now the mayor knows everything?

Another very strong episode. I liked that the Sheriff was the Huntsman. Too bad he is gone now.

So, kissing Emma means you remember Fairy Tale land? Simple, everybody kisses Emma! I vote we start with Snow and Red. :D

So what did Snow do to the Queen? Anybody who knows the original story want to give a guess?

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Except who Emma is. I'm still not convinced she knows who Emma is...in fact, I doubt she does.

I was a little surprised to see the sheriff bite it. I guess Emma is the sheriff now!

3. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Yes, i think we now have to say with certainty that the mayor remembers fairytale land.

Did anyone else notice that the collar of the sheriff's coat had a strip of blaze orange like hunters wear?

I am still not clear on exactly what Snow did to piss off the Evil Queen, but I am sure we will find out in due time. For those who know, please do not spoil it.

4. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    The better question: what does Mr. Gold know? It sure as heck seems like he knows everything too.

Speaking of, I'm more curious about what Mr. Gold was doing out in the forest with a shovel. "Gardening" in the middle of a forest, really?

5. Zevida

Zevida witless and unarmed TCF Club

Nov 8, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Well that blows! I liked Graham a lot. :(

6. martinp13

martinp13 Roller coaster addict :)

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Related to Graham being dead:
    IMDb has him listed as appearing in all 22 episodes this season. That may just mean he's in the main credits and counts as being in all episodes, and/or may be making appearances in fairy tale land where he's still alive and a concubine. Of course, they have Charming down for all 22, and he didn't appear in this episode at all.

I know it really looks like he's dead in real life land, but ...

And yes, I am forced to agree that Regina remembers. :) But not everything. I don't think she remembers the 'please' clause, and how could she not even consider Emma as the savior?? Also, up until this episode, Regina has not been the Complete And Utter Beeyotch that is the Queen. Crushing Graham's heart to dust was impressive and a true act of beeyotchery.

So, the wolf that kept Emma from leaving town was The Huntsman's companion. Evidently the wolf remembers too, so the opening credits are lying. ;) I wonder if he bonds to her now?

7. mike_k

mike_k Registered User

Sep 20, 2005
    Mason, OH
    I wonder if Emma being the savior is something that Regina should/could remember - is this something that she knew? or does she have any way of knowing that there even is a savior? The only reason Henry knows about the savior is from the book, and he ripped those pages out of it.

8. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer Member

Jan 5, 2007
    When the mayor put flowers over her father’s crypt we said: what a lovely devoted daughter.

Then, when she started leaning over the crypt we said: aww, she’s overcome with grief over her part in her father’s demise and wanted to…wait- what the hell? Is that a stair-case leading to her room of stolen hearts?
    Of course it is! What a cold, evil, vicious, Queen!

Apparently every thing Emma does, from kissing a fairy tale person, putting on a badge, or just staying in town causes people to start remembering or causes the curse to weaken a little bit.

Well, now it’s game on!

9. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    And of course you remember how her father died..?

10. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    I say "Of course he knows everything, he's orchestrating every event."
    I really think the miller's daughter ticked him off badly and this whole show is his one enormous long con to get revenge.

But yes, that was some serious lack of law enforcement skills going on right there in the woods- too suspicious as Mr. Gold was almost obviously burying something. I loved that he was still immaculately dressed but with an apron and muck boots :D

I think he was quite helpful, though.
    Either he sent the wolf to help facilitate Graham's remembering or he somehow is the wolf.
    Rumple has one red eye, too you know.

11. martinp13

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Wow, I hadn't even considered that Rumple might be the wolf. And I would embrace it except for the shovel, apron, and muck boots. :)

12. martinp13

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I thought Rumpy told the Queen when she visited him in lockup. He said Snow/Charming came by, she said what did you tell them, and he said "that the curse could be broken by their unborn child." She has to know that curses have a 'fatal flaw'... she even mentioned it to Maleficient complaining that the sleeping curse on Snow was broken "by a simple kiss".

13. TriBruin

TriBruin Well-Known Member TCF Club

Dec 10, 2003
    Bartlett, IL
    I think you are confusing two fathers.

Snow's Father, Evil Queen's Husband has not been seen, but died before Snow met Charming.

Evil Queen's (Does she have a Fairytale name?) father was killed by the Evil Queen to invoke the curse. This happened after Snow married Charming.

14. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Just occurred to me, but the next episode (Jan 8, I think) is about Rumpelstiltskin and his
    son.
    Maybe his son inherited the red eye and is cursed himself.

15. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Yes. Which is amusing in context of the post right before mine, about Evil Queen weeping at her father's tomb.

16. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    Not only that. We've got evidence that direct magic still works in Storybrook. (Otherwise she couldn't have killed the Sheriff/Huntsman by crushing his remote heart)
    The Queen said it was something about Snow not keeping a secret the Queen entrusted her with; and that somehow injuring the Queen. But I don't know enough fairly tales to quess what or how.
    I was somewhat surprised to see the wolf after that scene. I half expected that Mr. Gold had noticed it and taken care of the issue.

That was a heck of an episode; can't wait for the next one.

17. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    So you're saying that She's the Sheriff?

Unfortunately, since Graham was remembering his life as the Huntsman this early into the story, he had to die.

But since magic is involved here, that doesn't mean he's permanently gone.
    After all, death doesn't seem to have slowed down Prince Charming that much.

18. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer Member

Jan 5, 2007
    If Regina remembers who she was and that she set the curse,
    I think she should also remember being told by Rumple that a person could break the curse.
    Yep, Rumple definitely said that. The Mayor should at least be wary of anyone coming in from outside of Storybrooke. Seconds before the curse took affect she asked Snow where the child was. Snow said she got away.

The only thing I can think of (other that a plot hole) is that Rumple didn’t tell her it would take 28 years or she doesn’t remember every little bit of info like some other posters have said.

I also notice that magic still seems to work in this town, with the mayor crushing that heart into sand like an over ripe tomato.

19. Shakhari

Shakhari Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2005
    I guess the actor still has a job, despite the episode, since the Huntsman's not dead in fairy tale world.

I can't see Regina letting Emma become the new Sheriff.

20. wprager

wprager Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    The new Charming is the twin brother.