Once Upon A Time S01E05 That Still Small Voice

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tiams, Nov 28, 2011.

1. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Lost reference of the night....Henry had Apollo bars.

2. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    This episode was kinda slow for me while it was in progress but it retrospect I'm satisfied with it. We learned a great deal about fairy tale land's physical existence what with the glass coffin shards.
    And poor Geppetto.
    And yay Pongo.
    Not enough Snow and Charming.

3. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer Member

Jan 5, 2007
    At least it’s been made crystal clear that the Mayor knows about the curse when she sneaked away to throw out that piece of Snow’s glass casket. I wasn’t really convinced before.

This also means she purposely "found" Prince C./Jame's wife just to stick it to Snow/Mary Margret.

4. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    Hopefully that's behind us now.

But does Mr. Gold know "everything"? :p

5. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    The screen was muddy and dark and we couldn't tell what it was at the bottom of the mine. Thanks for clarifying, Cereal_Killer.

6. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    I'm with TAsuder, I had no idea what that was at the bottom of the mine (although when Regina found the piece of glass I thought it was a piece of Cinderella's glass slipper, but I had no idea what that could mean). The Coffin makes perfect sense (and I can "see" it now)

I'm wondering if Regina didn't "create" the Wife -- If one assumes that she "knows everything" it is possible that she has some level of control over the contents of Storybrooke, so when James woke up she created the Wife and retconned everyone's memory to think that she had always existed.

7. Philosofy

Philosofy Super Duper Member

Feb 21, 2000
    Valparaiso,...
    I thought it was a shard of the Mirror Mirror on the Wall.

8. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer Member

Jan 5, 2007
    This show is a bit confusing at times about that issue and it raises more questions than answers.

I kind of believe Rumpy/Gold also knows. If he didn’t, why would he say “please” to the Mayor in the 2nd episode? That was something he specifically requested of the evil queen before the curse was set. I guess we will know for sure in an upcoming episode.

Also, the Mayor is one cold, vengeful, witch to do that to Mary Margaret. Good thing she doesn’t know who Emma is or she probably would have had them blow up the sink-hole while she was down there rescuing Henry.

9. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Since it had curvature to it, I thought it was a piece of the bauble which housed the Curse until the Evil Queen battled with Rose Red to get it back by smashing the sceptre.

10. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Sheer coincidence?

11. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Nope.
    He said it with clear purpose- just this side of "wink wink nudge nudge."

12. stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Is anyone else as lost as I am? I'm following the main plot, but I have no idea how you remember half the stuff mentioned here. I guess I need to rewatch the whole thing, but I'm not sure I care that much. :(

13. jami

jami Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2003
    Montgomery, IL
    Just part way through, but I had to come here and of course TCF found the Apollo bar reference. :) In the first post, even! :up:

14. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    Not as interesting this week.

I'm not sure what the discussion is? The piece of glass was clearly shown to come from the "coffin" that we've seen that Snow White was in during earlier episodes.

15. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    How was it "clearly shown"? I myself didn't know what it was but since reading the thread I agree it was part of the coffin. But what makes you say it was "clearly shown"

16. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    I agree. After re-watching that scene and freeze framing on the last shot I could see that it was the "coffin". But it was such a quick shot that not all of us are so sharp to catch it so "clearly". After all, the rest of the coffin was still intact, with no visible pieces of glass missing, so it takes a leap of logic to see that there would be a chunk of glass missing, and winding up about 1000 feet above ground.

I'm also confused about the Mayor/Evil Queen ... does she or doesn't she "remember" about the Curse and the StoryBook world?

17. JohnB1000

JohnB1000 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2004
    To me it was totally clear. I knew what it was purely based on the glass in her hand so when she threw it down it was obvious what was coming. No rewinding or freeze framing required.

18. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    This makes more sense to me than being able to look at that dark, mostly blue, incoherent still shot and determining that it was a glass coffin. We watched it two times and had no idea what the heck it was. If you had already guessed it was a coffin then it probably would have been more clear looking at it. In any case I thought it was a poorly-done scene, and given how many people didn't get it just in this thread, it seems like it probably was.

19. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Add me to the "I had no idea what it was until I read this thread" group. In fact, I find lots of this show very confusing, trying to remember who is who, what they were, who they are now, yada yada. But it doesn't really matter to me, I enjoy watching it, and I can come here to find out how little I know.:)

I'm pretty sure she does. At the beginning, the intro, it says only one person knows, and at that very moment, it zooms in on the mayor.

20. john4200

john4200 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    If that is what the writers want us to think, they certainly have done a poor job of writing. Regina does not behave as if she knows everything.

The only person who behaves like he knows a lot is the boy.