Once Upon a Time - recreate your OnePass for 9/25/16

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by jasonander, Sep 13, 2016.

1. jasonander

jasonander Member

Jan 9, 2005

Advertisements

The season premiere for Once Upon a Time on 9/25 isn't picked up by my old OnePass. I had to recreate it for the new episode to record. My old OnePass has the description in Spanish for no apparent reason. ¡Ay, caramba! This Rovi guide data transition sure is one big clusterf***.

2. weaver

weaver Member TCF Club

Feb 27, 2004
    New...
    Thanks for the heads up. My old one pass description is now also in Spanish.

3. randian

randian Active Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Southeast...
    If you look carefully in Search there will be two Once Upon a Time entries, on in Spanish and one in English. You have to delete your OP and recreate it to get the English version.

4. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Gracias

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI

Advertisements

I had to re-create mine with "Once Upon a Time: Evil Reigns Once More" in order to get the new episodes. The old OnePass doesn't show the new season.

6. rgrounds

rgrounds Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Glendale AZ
    Yep Same thing for me. I had a similar problem with Survivor. In the past I didn't need the "sub title" or season name it would just pick up the new season no problem. Coming from Series 2 boxes to Roamio this part sure seems like a step backwards.

I have notifications set on this thread to keep me on top of all the issues.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  7. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    This has nothing to do with your switch from Series 2 to Roamio. This has to do with TiVo's switch from Gracenote date to Rovi data. Hopefully they'll iron out some of these issues quickly.

8. rgrounds

rgrounds Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Glendale AZ
    I figured that the issue might have been the Rovi data. But since my hardware transition happened about the same time as the Rovi acquisition. Thanks for the info.

9. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    This is actually kind of annoying as if you want to set up a streaming pass, you need both the Spanish (seasons 1 to 4) and the English (5 and up) OnePasses.

10. CinciDVR

CinciDVR Contentious Member

May 24, 2014
    Cincinnati, OH
    My OnePass for "Once Upon A Time" showed up in Spanish so I did not get last night's episode. Worse yet, when I did a search for "Once Upon A Time" the only result was the one in Spanish. I think an earlier reply indicated that you had to search including the episode name. I found it easier to merely find next Sunday's episode in the Guide and create a OnePass from it. You'd think that Rovi had never managed a data migration before.

11. jcollinsj1222

jcollinsj1222 New Member

Sep 27, 2016
    I was surprised that it did not record and my One Pass was in Spanish. I searched for upcoming episodes and it said there were none for the next two weeks. I had to delete my original One Pass and scroll to next Sunday's schedule and create a new one using the guide. I missed the first one, which sucks....but thanks to you others that posted, so I know I am not going crazy.

12. tim1724

tim1724 Active Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Rancho...
  13. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Heads up. I just had to re-create this OnePass a second time.

The new OP I created a week or two ago isn't scheduled to record anything anymore.

14. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ

It looks like they fixed the original season pass so that it contains seasons 1 through 5 and all future episodes of season 6 (except first episode).

15. CinciDVR

CinciDVR Contentious Member

May 24, 2014
    Cincinnati, OH
    Wish I had visited the Tivo forums yesterday.

We're two weeks into the new "Once Upon A Time" season and my Tivo hasn't recorded either episode. After the first week I deleted the OnePass that showed no upcoming episodes and created a new one that showed two upcoming episodes. Then sometime after that the Guide data appears to have been changed, presumably so that the series id for "Once Upon A Time" matched the original OnePass that I deleted, thereby rendering the new OnePass that I created useless. Well fool me once... this time I created yet another new OnePass for "Once Upon A Time", but I didn't delete the old one. Let's see if I've outsmarted the Tivo/Rovi morons or if they manage to create yet another series id for "Once Upon A Time."

I'm gonna date myself now, but I remember a time when DVR's actually recorded shows.

16. tim1724

tim1724 Active Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Rancho...
    Cable subscribers should be able to watch last night's Once Upon A Time here: http://abc.go.com/shows/once-upon-a-time/episode-guide/season-06/2-a-bitter-draught

I noticed about 25 minutes into the episode that my TiVo wasn't recording it, so I started a manual recording (and created yet another One Pass). Today I watched the first half on abc.go.com and at some point tonight I'll watch the second half on my TiVo. (So I can skip the commercials. Wow, it was annoying to watch the episode online!)

17. Random User 7

Random User 7 Incognito

Oct 19, 2014
    well this thread explains what my wife was talking about.

18. Lurker1

Lurker1 Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2004
    Grrr. I just noticed that episode 2 did not record. I recreated my Season Pass (again) so that episode 3 will record. Episode 2 will be free on abc.go.com 8 days after the broadcast, so I can download that Monday and then (hopefully) be back on track.

Thanks a lot Rovi. In case you don't know, the whole point of TiVo is so I don't have to babysit the TV or pay any attention to broadcast schedules.

19. javabird

javabird Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Seattle
    Same thing happened to me.

For those with an Apple TV, the ABC app also currently has Episode 2. (If you can stand watching all the commercials).

20. taronga

taronga Member

Nov 15, 2006
    KY
    I guess it says a lot that Tivo missed 3 episodes before I noticed. (Got the season premiere after first seeing this thread but never thought I'd have to change the OP yet again.) Usually I stick with a show to the very end, no matter how miserable it makes me, so thanks, Tivo, for finally giving me reason to drop this mess of a show!