On The Lot 8/21

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by That Don Guy, Aug 22, 2007.

1. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Oh, how the mighty have fallen...

Either there are two people with that name (which I sort of doubt), or Tatanya Ali (from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and, I seem to recall, a halfway-decent singing career) has been relegated to the On The Lot "cast".

(And when Spielberg said "here are the keys to your office" at the end, was I the only one who had a vision of the last scene of Working Girl?)

-- Don

("Who Won?!" To be honest, I didn't pay that much attention; I pretty much zoned out after Zack got eliminated.)

2. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    I thought this show was canceled.

3. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    It was after episode 2, but no one told the network.

4. Indiana627

Indiana627 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Vestal, NY
    I took pleasure in deleting my SP last night after FF through about 50 minutes of the finale. Spielberg took time away from shooting Indy 4 to make an appearance on this?

5. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    Oh God, those last two episodes were PAINFUL! Worse than the rest of the season if that was even possible.

I watched the 2nd to last one on Monday in about 10 minutes. I think I paid attention to last night's finale for about 5 minutes at the end. Horrible, just horrible.

I can't believe they DIDN'T cancel this... BURN IN HELL, FOX! ;)

6. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    I FFed just to see if Spielberg would make an appearance. I wonder if they filmed this scene for everyone at the beginning in case SS was too busy filming to be there for the winner.

7. MegaHertz67

MegaHertz67 Registered Smart Ass

Apr 18, 2005
    Miami
    No, Spielberg referenced several of Will's films in the 90 seconds of banter, so even if it wasn't "live" it was very recent. I was genuinely excited for Will when he walked up and Spielberg hugged him before he even shook his hand. And I loved the "here's the keys to your office" line as they were walking away.

I agree that the last 2 episodes were mostly filler. I felt they needed to make 1 more movie when they got down to the final 3. And they certainly did not need a full hour for last night's show. Other than that I enjoyed the entire season. Good summer fluff, but nothing I would watch instead of a good scripted comedy or drama.

8. Martin Tupper

Martin Tupper Pontiff Emeritus

Dec 18, 2003
    We "watched" the the last three episodes last night. The last two would have been unbearable to watch live. We deleted the penultimate episode when we realized there weren't going to be any new movies. We fast skipped to the end of the finale to hear the results. When Adrianna said "the winner of 'On the Lot 2007' is..." we both remarked that the '2007' was unnecessary. There won't be a '2008'.

9. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Thank god we got to see such stellar reruns as the two chicks robbing a bank.

10. Jeff_in_Bklyn

Jeff_in_Bklyn Member

Apr 26, 2003
    As long as the guy with the STUPID hats didn't win I am good. When will people learn there is no such thing as a dress baseball cap, even if you wear it with a suit!

11. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Was the show itself live? If it was, then presumably they would have had to record one for each of the three finalists, to make sure none of them knew in advance who won.

I seem to recall that it was dark when the scene with Spielberg took place. If so, then it couldn't possibly have been live, as it was 7 PM in Los Angeles, and the sun would still be up. (Survivor made a similar "mistake" with one of its final episodes once; they show a helicopter flying around downtown LA in almost total darkness and acted like it was live, even though it was also only 7 PM.)

-- Don

12. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I'm sure it wasn't live. Probably taped the day before or something. I noticed in the scene where Will's limo was driving to Dreamworks that it looked to be twilight.

I'm sure most of you guys didn't watch much of the episode, but Adrianna really showed how horrible she is during this episode. They give her lines to read, and she still ad libs extra stuff into them to make her look bad. Example: ". . . the Emmy's, which you can watch right here on FOX. PLUG!"

Glad Will won. He seems like a really good guy. Hope to see something good from him in the future.

Surprised Spielberg showed himself on this show. His name has always been on it, but I figured with how poorly it was produced, he was too embarrassed to actually appear.

13. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    There's no way they would have been able to do that show live. The drive from Universal in Hollywood to Dreamworks in Culver City could not have been accomplished during a commercial break.

14. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Maybe Jack Bauer drove them.

15. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    Nope, there was a hard perimeter at the time.....

16. calibelle82

calibelle82 New Member

Aug 16, 2007
    the guy that won deserved it. i like his movies.

17. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Does anybody still have this recorded? There was a disclaimer at the very end that I wasn't able to read. I am pretty sure it had something to do with the Internet voting problem (I forget what word she used to describe it)... The few words I could make out made it seem interesting.

18. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Congrats to the winner, but man that was a truly aweful "reality" show...no way in hell they will try that again.

19. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    What happened to Jerry O'Connell?????? This should be a form of false advertising.

20. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    He was busy with Jordan