On The Lot 7/31

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by PJO1966, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Aug 1, 2007 #1 of 23
    PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Is anyone still watching? Well, there's no doubt that Penny is Garry's sister. She's just as incomprehensible, if not more.

I don't think any of the shorts were fantastic. Adam's "Driving Under the Influence" was probably the best, with Zach and Will tied for second. I was really surprised that Zach was in the bottom two. I don't think his film last week was that bad.

2. Aug 1, 2007 #2 of 23
    TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I think zach's was weak last week but not as bad as others. He might have suffered from the "no need to vote for him cuz he's going to win" syndrome.

His movie this week was not great either, though. But good enough to keep him going since there was Jason's disastrous film. What did jason do last week that won raves? Was that the flowers one?

I used the pause button a few times to check out the wardrobe choices, mostly by adrianna but also by others like Jason. I liked zach's shirt. It's bad when I am more interested in attire of the contestants than their films.

I thought adam's was the best.

3. Aug 1, 2007 #3 of 23
    stiffi

stiffi New Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Charm City
    I flipped it on to see what Adrianna was wearing, stared, then turned it off.

I've lost all interest in this show.

4. Aug 1, 2007 #4 of 23
    johnperkins21

johnperkins21 Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Penny Marshall was horrible. She was incredibly rude to the guest judge, and what was the deal with that racist comment about the Asian guy who they were supposedly cheating off of? The guest judges are almost always great, while Carrie, Gary and now Penny are confusing and worthless.

As far as the films go, I thought that ****** who can't wear a hat properly had the worst film again. I would love to see that guy go.

5. Aug 1, 2007 #5 of 23
    HIHZia

HIHZia Mad Turk

Nov 3, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Huh, I thought Zach's film was the worst of the bunch. He really seems to be going downhill to me.

I didn't think Jason's was that great but it was better than Zach's.

6. Aug 1, 2007 #6 of 23
    marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    I watched it for the first time since about the third week or so. Basically just fast forwarded through everything but the shorts.

They were okay. I midly liked 2 of them. One was not entertaining at all.

7. Aug 1, 2007 #7 of 23
    brott

brott at redh dot com

Feb 23, 2001
    Pleasanton, CA
    The shorts and the results are available @ thelot.com. As the number of contestants gets smaller, the whole show can be viewed much quicker.

8. Aug 1, 2007 #8 of 23
    sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I wonder why they are ending this on the 21st rather than the 14th.

9. Aug 1, 2007 #9 of 23
    David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    How many of those $##$@?/.*&^ hats does Jason own, anyway? I just want to punch him in the face in an attempt to knock the stupid hat off his head.

10. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I hope that fewer contestants = having to make longer films to fill the time.
    They need to step it up a notch from making internet shorts. :p

11. johnperkins21

johnperkins21 Member

Aug 29, 2005
    I doubt it since they still only get one week to film and edit the thing. They talk about the struggles just to get the 2 minute ones done on time, imagine if they went to 5 minutes, it would be 2+ weeks. The last two or three episodes are going to have a ton of filler.

12. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Can someone please explain the hatred for Jason and his hats? :confused:

13. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    There was an episode on 7/31? It wasn't aired in the Bay Area as far as I can tell..

14. johnperkins21

johnperkins21 Member

Aug 29, 2005
    Anyone who does not wear a hat properly is a *********. (Properly would be as the manufacturer intended with the bill directly in front, although directly in back is ok if you're in the middle of a softball game.) It's like the guys who wear their collars up, I hate them all on principle. He also has that whole, pardon my expression, "wigger" thing going on. It's incredibly phony and annoys the living bejesus out of me.

15. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    Jerry O'Connell was incredibly wasted, and I hope that he's even with the person he was in debt to that made him go on the show :)

Z

16. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Yikes! I still am enjoying this show! Apparently the only one here! I missed Gary Marshall this week!! While Penny Marshall is definitely a nutjob, I think Carrie Fisher and Gary Ross did a fine job judging. I especially liked when Gary Ross "tipped his hat" to actress Lin Shaye. :)

Agreed, Zach is really starting to prove that he's more of a Visual Effects Supervisor than a story teller. In fact, I've noticed a decline in his work since the start. :(

17. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Ugh...every episode that goes by gets more and more painful to watch...the "movies" get worse and worse and listening to the panel of "judges" blather on and on in utter confusion is painful...I wish they would just end it quicker than they plan.

One good thing about having a DVR..I can scan the whole one hour show in about 16 minuts or so....

Host girl was looking yummy though ..:)

18. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I hate jason primarily because all but one of his movies were garbage. He's had one good film, although I don't remember it at the moment, and the rest have been awful. Therefore I find additional reasons to hate him like those dumb looking hats and him inserting himself into the lame hip hop danceoff film.

19. BigT4187

BigT4187 WDW Nut

Jul 24, 2006
    GSP Exit 17
    Is it just me or is everyone losing interest in this show? I don't know when it happened, but I am considering canceling my SP.

20. johnperkins21

johnperkins21 Member

Aug 29, 2005
    I'm not losing interest in the show, and I don't think the movies are getting worse. There's only been a couple of shorts that I've really liked, but almost all of them are serviceable. My biggest problem is with the judges not making any sense, the horrible host, and "I don't know how to wear a hat" guy.

I do have to agree that Zach's last two movies have gone downhill, but his action film meets the office was the best film all season long. And this is a show about finding a good director, not writer. I'd like to see them work with someone else's script, and see how they do. Have them all work off of the same script and allow a few changes, then see who does the best job. How else can you tell who's the best director? I mean how many directors out there write their own scripts? 5% of them maybe?