On mini 93000, can a user remove Apps they dont want?

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by philhu, May 10, 2019.

1. philhu

philhu User Since Day ONE!

Apr 11, 2001
    Funcity, AZ

Advertisements

Hi

Likke on a real tivo, you can remove apps you dont want to display, we cant all want all 30 displaying in the now showing, so I remove most.

I can't find a way to remove them on my mini-tivos

My systems and mini all are running TE3

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Only TE4 gives the Mini that autonomy.

On TE3, there is some control - showing what the host selects - but many are just there.

3. philhu

philhu User Since Day ONE!

Apr 11, 2001
    Funcity, AZ
    thats dumb. It should at least match the apps on the bold/roamio or premiere
    since thats where it is reading its cvonfiguration

4. LYKUNO

LYKUNO Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Ohio
    I agree with philhu! I never had any apps being displayed from my Tivo mini until just the past week or so. I do zero streaming and have no plans to do so. On my Tivo Roamios (one 4-tuner and one 6-tuner, both with lifetime), I periodically have to go through and uncheck all the apps that suddenly/mysteriously show up. I verified that neither Roamio has any apps checked, and don't understand what happened to cause the Mini to suddenly start displaying a list of 15 apps.

The mini is a late 2014 vintage TCDA 92000. It's the Series 4 platform, and on software version 20.7.4b.RC3-A92-6-A92. It's not on the "new experience", nor are the Roamios (assume that means TE3). After reading through this and some other threads here, it sounds like I won't be able to resolve this new inconvenience (i.e., seeing unwanted apps displayed in the My Programs list), without upgrading to a new Mini with TE4 (which also brings other negative things with it, e.g., prepended advertisements.

I guess the most reasonable and least troublesome action for me to take is do just do nothing, meaning just live with the presence of the unwanted and unneeded list of Apps. I guess in the days of everyone cutting the cord, there's not going to be anything on the horizon to replace TiVo, something I've come to love over many years (except for the cable cards and tuning adaptors of course!).