On Demand question

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jilter, Oct 11, 2011.

1. jilter

jilter Not.

Oct 4, 2002
    Comcast.
    On Sunday night, The Good Wife started late, and of course I did not know about it until I went to watch my recording.
    I went for some help from BT, and to my great surprise, that file was abbreviated as well.

Thing is....it is still not on On Demand.
    Don't they usually load programs on On Demand 24 hours after they air?
    Could it be that Comcast does not have an unabbreviated version of the ep. yet either?

Also, they seem to have less and less episodes of shows on On Demand. Yet, the other day I saw they have all 6 seasons of Dexter.

There appears to be no structure to Comcast's On Demand.

2. dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    Do they have the other episodes of The Good Wife?

I'm pretty sure they get the episode directly from CBS, not as a recording - so it shouldn't be shortened.

They may have a different time table than 24 hours.. I know Fox shows have like an 8 day waiting period.

3. Tulsawatcher

Tulsawatcher Member

May 26, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    If Comcast has any CBS shows in their On Demand lineup, I'm jealous. I'm with Cox, and no CBS offerings ever show up On Demand. The only place I've been able to watch any CBS show if I missed it was at cbs.com, and it's not always available there.

That's one of the annoying things about CBS, besides their perpetual running late on Sundays after football.

4. dthmj

dthmj Hinky TCF Club

Mar 12, 2002
    Texas
    CBS does have The Good Wife online - I had to watch it there for last week. Now I know to record the show after it as well to get the whole thing.

Stupid CBS.