OMG we are actually caught up on TV!.....

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by emandbri, Mar 19, 2006.

1. emandbri

emandbri TV junkie!

Jul 5, 2004
    St. Louis MO

Advertisements

the only thing in tivo is kids shows! I honestly think this has happened only one other time!

What about others? How often do you get completly caught up? It is snowing so we are going to watch movies and play board games assuming we can get the kids to stop playing battlefront 2!

Emily

2. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Never. For me to get caught up it would take several weeks of only repeats on for that to happen. I am usually right on the edge of losing recordings so I couldn't imagine the amount of time it would take me.

3. mike3775

mike3775 Active Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Indiana
    I have never gotten caught up. Every time I make a decent dent in my recordings, I lose it all the next day with more recordings

4. 7thton

7thton No raindrop ever falls in the wrong place

Mar 3, 2005
    Right now I'm pretty close to being caught up. I only have about 4 or 5 hours to catch up on. Of course, Sopranos, Big Love, The Next Food Network Star, and Malcolm are on tonight....

I'm also making my way through SG:1 on DVD, have seasons 1 & 2 of Buffy sitting here, eps of Life on Mars on my computer, series 1 of Clocking Off, series 2 of Shameless, series 2 & 3 of Teachers...all on DVD.

Wow.

5. Dmon4u

Dmon4u Unresponsive User

Jul 15, 2000
    PA

Advertisements

I'm close !

I lost about 6 hours a week of shows because of cancellations this Winter and, lately, reruns have hammered me. It's rare that I can watch reruns of anything. Now, the loss of the 3 hour SciFi Fridays shows have hurt me again - though Dr. Who brings that down to 2.

6. jimborst

jimborst Well-Known Member TCF Club

Aug 30, 2001
    IA USA
    First, let me say that I DO NOT USE TIVO CORRECTLY. I usually watch what I've recorded that day the same night, yes there are times I don't get it done, but for the most part TiVo is pretty empty.

7. KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    Im caught up as well.. this has never happened before. Too many shows have run long sets of repeats :(

8. tiellv

tiellv Pluviophile

Nov 11, 2002
    Oregon
    I'm pretty caught up on my Moxi. On one of my TiVos I'm a couple of shows from being caught up. On my other TiVo (the one with 2 hard drives) I've got so many shows that I don't know how I'll ever get caught up! The TiVo with the 2 hard drives is located in the guest room so I don't spend as much time in there.

9. spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas
    We're pretty close and might be caught up this evening.

Of course, that doesn't count almost the whole first season of House that I've been recording so that we can watch it this summer.

10. EMoMoney

EMoMoney Big and Tall

Oct 30, 2001
    Abingdon,...
    What else is there to do in Omaha? :D

11. Dmon4u

Dmon4u Unresponsive User

Jul 15, 2000
    PA
  12. emandbri

emandbri TV junkie!

Jul 5, 2004
    St. Louis MO
    Not much! We are snowed in! I've never been cow tipping, I like animals and I'm not really from here!

Emily

13. Dmon4u

Dmon4u Unresponsive User

Jul 15, 2000
    PA
    From my link, above:

"Finally, attempting to tip a cow is a patently dangerous activity. Despite the animal's reputation for being placid and slow-moving, a cow is easily capable of hurting someone when provoked or nervous; a herd of cows or a bull (easily mistaken for a cow in the dark) would be even more dangerous."

Be afraid, very afraid !

There's nothing worse than a Mad Cow !

14. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    It depends on what you mean by "caught up." We have several prime-time shows that we watch and we're close to being caught up on those, but we also have SPs for several other shows that we just record "in case" and sometimes they get watched and sometimes the next episode just records over it. Plus I've got a couple of shows that I can't record on TiVo due to conflicts so I download them and I'm saving them on the computer until summer.

15. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Okay, newbie to tivo question time.

I am usually caught up on tv shows because we watch it that week - mostly the night before the new episode comes on. I do have quite a few movies now on my tivo memory and will be putting them on dvd.

Question is this, how do you record a whole season or such of a tv show without wanting to watch it? (as someone said they did for House)
    And do you record it on the tivo and then let it sit there? How is that done without it being erased or it interfering with other recordings. I am asking because today when I was trying to extend the save till date on a couple of shows I got the message 'if I keep till -blank date- then it will not record this and that show'. How do you get around/past that?
    I find this a frustrating pop up when I am trying to program for new movies or extend the life of something that is on there.

16. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Lots of people have added larger capacity hard drives to their TiVos and have tons of space to record stuff. My S1 has 180+ hours so I have tons of stuff saved on there. I've got about 50-60 episodes of New Yankee Workshop set as KUID because I'm too lazy to record them to a tape. I really wish TiVo had a batch play/save feature. My S2 has only 40 hours so I don't keep things on there very long, but I can move stuff from there to my computer and then back when I want to watch. I'm saving Veronica Mars for the summer and my wife is just now starting on the second season of Grey's Anatomy.

17. rhuntington3

rhuntington3 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2001
    Congratulations! I'm about two and a half weeks behind.

18. trnsfrguy

trnsfrguy Advanced !

Apr 28, 2005
    Bronx, NY
    I was ALMOST caught up,but with the HBO free preview on this weekend, I'm behind again.

19. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    was close about 2 months ago, but now I could watch 4 hours of recorded shows for about 3 weeks straight ( figured about 70 hours to watch)

20. ButchKy

ButchKy Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Somerset, KY
    I emptied out programs on all three Tivo's this afternoon. This is the first time I can ever remember all three being empty since I got my first one in 02'. Oh well plenty coming up this week to watch.