Olympic Hockey on NHL CI?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by rwalker130, Feb 7, 2006.

1. rwalker130

rwalker130 New Member

Aug 18, 2005
    Does anyone know if the Olympic Hockey games will be broadcast on the NHL Center Ice channels this year?

RW

2. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    I don't know why they would need to be. Nearly every game is going to be on MSNBC, CNBC, NBC, or USA. Are you worried about overlaps in MSNBC's coverage, where there might be two games going on at once?

In any case, they're definitely not going to be on CI. NBC Universal owns the Olympics in the U.S. They're not giving them up the the NHL or inDemand.

3. rwalker130

rwalker130 New Member

Aug 18, 2005
    After I started that thread, and before I had read the response, I went to the NBC website and found the whole schedule.

Looks like I won't miss any of the action. Very important for this Canuck as I watch my countrymen defend our gold!

RW

4. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    There is some overlap between the games, as there are two venues in the early rounds. Here's the schedule for the first day.

Men's Prelim. Round - Group B - Game 1 ( KAZ - SWE ) 11:35
    Men's Prelim. Round - Group A - Game 2 ( ITA - CAN ) 13:05
    Men's Prelim. Round - Group A - Game 3 ( SUI - FIN ) 15:35
    Men's Prelim. Round - Group A - Game 4 ( GER - CZE ) 17:05
    Men's Prelim. Round - Group B - Game 5 ( RUS - SVK ) 20:05

(times listed are Torino local time)

All of those games are appearing on the same channel (MSNBC). As you can see, there are a couple of time periods when there might be multiple games going on (13:05 to 14:35, for example). Obviously, you'll only see one game at a time.

The sixth game that day:
    Men's Prelim. Round - Group B - Game 6 ( LAT - USA ) 21:05

Starts only an hour after game 5. But game 6 will be on a second channel (USA), because it involves Team USA.