Old Tivos

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by greensky, Jan 10, 2019.

1. greensky

greensky Member

Mar 3, 2010
    I have two Tivos (a Series 2 and a Premier XL) that I'm looking to get rid of. Both have lifetime subscriptions. Any suggestions as to what I should do with them. At this point I'm thinking of fully resetting both and donating them to Goodwill.

2. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Sell them on eBay. Then donate the money to Goodwill More bang for the buck that way.

3. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Possibly, keep them current (connecting to the TiVo mothership every month or 2) and wait for a hopefully next TiVo upgrade deal (buy a Bolt box from TiVo and transfer the old box's Lifetime to the Bolt for $99). A nice way to upgrade, or even just make a nice profit with a resale.

compuguy, unclehonkey and jrtroo like this.
  4. unclehonkey

unclehonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    The Valley...
    I'd keep the Series 2 active and as Mike noted let it connect every now and then and hope there is a upgrade offer soon

The Premiere you can sell on Ebay/Craigslist/this site and make some money...

5. leswar

leswar leswar

Apr 14, 2005
    Vero Beach
    I'm doing that w/ two Series 2s now. Had to connect a few times for one tivo to get re-activated so it could do a SW upgrade and a change of the cable provider (old comcast one wasn't current) -- it wouldn't / couldn't get guide data.