Old Tivo to New Tivo Transfer

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by sjschmidtky, Jan 2, 2006.

1. sjschmidtky

sjschmidtky New Member

Jan 2, 2006

Advertisements

I've just purchased a new 40-hr Tivo in addition to my old Philips Tivo. I want to transfer the saved programs from my old Tivo (with no network capabilities) to my new Tivo. Any recommendations on best way to do this?

Steve

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    The only way to do this is to start a manual recording on the new one and do a "Save to VCR" from the old, using audio/video cables to connect them.

3. sjschmidtky

sjschmidtky New Member

Jan 2, 2006
    Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply. Must be a novice here - but how do I receive the video output in the new Tivo. I can save to VCR easy enough on the old one and connect the RCA cables from the output to the input on the new Tivo, but how do I get the new Tivo to use those ports as input versus a cable?

Thanks, Steve

4. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    You would tell the receiving TiVo that you are using a cable box or satellite box and ask to record a channel that would cause it to look for a signal on that input. The title in Now Showing will be arbitrary (or rather what TiVo thinks is "on" that channel), so this is not a pretty solution.