Old TiVo boxes - How to remove from online and local TiVo box list?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Sparky1234, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2006

Advertisements

How do I remove unplugged TiVos for the box list of my other networked TiVos? The removed TiVos are still active with TiVo but unplugged so they have not called home in weeks. I now have 5 TiVos listed under box online and under each TiVo. I want to "delete" 2 of then.

2. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2004
    If you select an offline box at the bottom of My Shows it should present an option that says "I no longer have this box." Click that and it goes away.

If reconnected it will reappear.

stevewjackson likes this.
  3. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    That will work on the TiVo itself, but there's no way to remove/hide them from TiVo Online or the iOS app without getting them removed from your account completely. I really wish they would add the ability to hide some of these older boxes that I still have but never need to see them in the iOS app.

sharkster likes this.
  4. bbb3o

bbb3o Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Anybody have any more / better information on this?
    I just pulled a bunch of Premieres out of service for my parents (and would like to sell them). Also have my own Premiere that is no longer in use.
    How do I get these units removed of our accounts (TiVo Online etc), AND allow them to be eligible for transfer to a new owner? (all units are 'Lifetime')

Thanks (If anybody has the answer)

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

I'm not sure, but I have bought three TiVo boxes from eBay. In each case, over the last four years, I went to TiVo.com and activated the box. I'm speculating that a TiVo that is on the "inactive" list can be activated by anyone. When I deactivated my one Premiere, they wanted to know if I was going to sell it. I told them no. It's still on my account as "inactive". You can call, but I don't know if you need any special number as has been posted in the past. Last month I activated a Roamio on-line. No number was needed.

6. Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2006
    I changed the names to Z "any name" so they appear at the bottom but so far can't delete them.