1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"OK to change the channel"

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Bill in CA, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Bill in CA

Bill in CA New Member

Oct 10, 2018
    Why in the hell does TiVO constantly ask me if it's OK to change the channel on the OTHER tuner to record a scheduled show? I am not ON that tuner at the time of the prompt, so I can't even imagine a reason why I would say "no" to this very annoying and needless question. Sometimes I really have to wonder if someone actually tries out this stuff before going live.

2. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    it only happens when you have recently accessed the other tuner. tivo knows this, and is checking to see if you've changed your mind about the upcoming recording having instead decided to watch the other tuner sporadically.

kpeters59 likes this.
  3. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    I can think of reasons, if it matters. Sometimes I am flipping between newscasts and forget that I have a recording scheduled. The warning gives me time to decide which channel is more important to me, especially if I want to preserve the buffer on one of them.

kpeters59 likes this.
  4. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    This and many other annoying questions that pop up could have been completely avoided if TiVo wasn't so all fired determined to show how clever they were by not including a $#@! "off" button.

5. hapster85

hapster85 Active Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Haven't encountered that particular situation.

Why does my Roamio OTA sometimes insist on taking the current tuner for an upcoming recording, when the other 3 tuners aren't in use, and no other recordings are scheduled? I mean it would make sense if the recording was scheduled for the channel the current tuner is on, but when the channel must be changed first? No sense whatsoever. No discernable pattern.

I've had that same scenario happen on every multi-tuner DVR I've had, regardless of brand.