OK, someone from TiVo explain this Series3 display...

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by dswallow, Sep 15, 2007.

1. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Yesterday I was watching a recorded episode of Stargate: SG-1. I had to go out so I paused the playback and turned off the monitor. When I got home, I turned it back on, and decided instead of continuing to watch the show, I'd watch something else first. So I pressed the LEFT button on the remote, and this screen came up:

[​IMG]

When I pressed SELECT (or maybe it was LEFT again) I was back in the Stargate: SG-1 folder which had both the episode I was watching and one other episode; from there everything seemed to work OK again. I even tried resuming playback, pausing and repeating what happened before, but it didn't show the above screen again.

Just thought you'd like to know. :)

2. wbradney

wbradney New Member

Mar 3, 2003
    I've seen this several times. It usually happens if you start watching a program in Now Playing, from the beginning, while it's still recording. If you watch it all the way through (so that the program stops recording while you're still watching it), when you 'Left' back out of the "Delete/Keep" screen you usually get this 'No information' screen.

I reported it to Tivo a while back -- I don't think it's regarded as a serious issue, and I'd agree, given I'm still getting unwatchable pixellation on some channels.

3. bdlucas

bdlucas Right side up again.

Feb 15, 2004
    Exurbia
    Finally, proof: 500 channels, and nothing on.

4. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    Interesting that the screen has Page Up and Page Down arrows also. Wonder what happens when you press them.

5. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    I've seen that if the Now Playing list changes while in an item. For example - hit 'Clear' on items then select before the NPL has time to update and contract. That will often cause this to appear once the list consolidates. Seems like a pointer error - the unit can't 'follow' the item when its index in the list changes.

6. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    The strange part if that's the case is that it still knew it was a program I'd given one thumbs up to.