Ok so we HAVE to talk about Tiger King

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Gunnyman, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    !Texas
    OMG this show. I'm not quite through with the series, but I've never cringed so many times watching something on TV in my life and I've seen the Star Wars Holiday Special.

gthassell likes this.
  2. deli99

deli99 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2003
    Redondo...
    Ive only seen the first episode, but there certainly are a lot of “interesting” characters.

3. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    We finished it last night. If I did not know better I would say this is a mockumentary. The characters are so off the wall and they all have something outlandish about them. The big unanswered question is clearly the first husband. I think she did it. Also Joe is not bad as a singer.

4. zyzzx

zyzzx Go Bucks! TCF Club

Jan 22, 2002
    Severna...
    dcheesi likes this.
  5. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I first heard about this show Tuesday on a podcast. In just the couple days since, I've heard about it on like three other podcasts. Everyone says it is a must watch. I've watched three episodes and it is quite good so far. Big cat people are all nuts it seems.

6. wprager

wprager Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    I thought Prince Charles was in self isolation after being tested for Covid-19, but there he is on the screen.

On episode 3 right now. "Here Kitty, Kitty".

7. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Finished it last night. Jebus...

8. Jolt

Jolt Disgruntled Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Corpus...
    Carole Baskin should be in jail!

9. Hoffer

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    Joe Exotic got 19% of the vote for Oklahoma governor? What the heck is going on in Oklahoma??

10. heySkippy

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    Nobody got a Winner's Edit in this. Nobody.

11. heySkippy

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    The meth-head vote.

12. zyzzx

zyzzx Go Bucks! TCF Club

Jan 22, 2002
    Severna...
    To be clear, it was 19% of the Libertarian vote, something less than 700 total votes.

13. spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas
    Oh, I thought it was the total vote.

14. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    It is clear why people think she killed her husband.

Almost everyone involved in the featured exotic animal zoos are bent and should be in jail, IMO.

15. Hoffer

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    It is so sad about the tiger cubs. While I was watching, it appeared there was just always cubs at these zoos. I immediately started wondering what happens when they get just a couple months old. I wondered if they were euthanizing them, and I'm so sad to read that is in fact what some of them are doing. That one guy was like "we need to breed because they are endangered". Yeah, that doesn't work out so well if you just end up euthanizing them once they are no longer fun to play with.

I was at a resort in Puerto Vallarta in 2003 that had a tiger zoo. The whole week I was there, they had a tiger cub hanging out right where everyone was walking. You were free to pet it and such. I remember I did not touch the thing. It was already like 5 months old and all I could think was this is a wild animal that could bite my finger off.

Also, they were talking about pricing to get into one of the zoos. I know they said 655. Was that $655? $6.55 seems way too low, but $655 is super crazy high. Are people paying that much money just to pet a tiger?? I could have pet a tiger cub for free and was like "hell no".

16. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Half way though I googled to see if it was a real story, it seemed too crazy to be real.

I also suggest listening to the Joe Exotic Tiger King podcast, I believe it was originally released in 2018 and is.currently being re-released.

17. spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas
    I seriously doubt Joe gave a man he hated $3K to kill Carol Baskin.

18. zyzzx

zyzzx Go Bucks! TCF Club

Jan 22, 2002
    Severna...
    Apparently the jury believed it.

19. Hoffer

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    It seemed like Jeff Lowe was involved at some level with the murder for hire, and the murder guy was Jeff's man.

Speaking of Jeff, he seems like a real creep. The last episode when he's talking to his wife/girlfriend. He's like, after you give birth, you're going straight to the gym. Then he holds up these pictures of models saying these are the girls he wants as a nanny.

20. zyzzx

zyzzx Go Bucks! TCF Club

Jan 22, 2002
    Severna...
    Agree. That was a very telling clip about Jeff.