Oh that TiVo! Recording wrong channels again...

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Jon1, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Jon1

Jon1 New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Massachusetts

Advertisements

I am sure this subject has been beaten like a rug, but here goes--
    My TiVo keeps recording its suggestions on HD channels which I don't receive so I get hours of blank recording with just sound. I thought TiVo automatically knows what channels I subscribe to! Years ago I remember filling out some paper form and faxing it to TiVo if I needed to add/delete a channel. I hope I don't have to do that again.......

2. crowfan

crowfan The Dude abides

Dec 27, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    You don't. There is a list of Channels You Receive on your TiVo (under Messages and Settings). Go in there and uncheck the HD channels.

3. dgh

dgh New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Nope. You have to tell it.

4. Jon1

Jon1 New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Well that's a lot easier than filling out and faxing a form to TiVo!

5. dgh

dgh New Member

Jul 24, 2000

Advertisements

And it does something too! :D

Actually faxing a form to TiVo will do something - just not what you're looking for. You contact TiVo Inc. when the lineup is wrong - for example, if your cable system has BBCA on 122 but TiVo thinks it's on 82. However, if you simply don't subscribe to a package that includes BBCA, then you just tell your TiVo you don't receive it.

6. simonalope

simonalope New Member

Jun 2, 2004
    People's...
    You can also use Channels I Receive settings to make TiVo ignore certain channels - for example, we have some public access, foreign language, and all-music channels that I never ever watch, so I just took them off the list of Channels I Receive. No more Suggestions from those channels, and no more having to wade through useless channels when looking at the guide or channel surfing.

7. UmAnOnion

UmAnOnion It's a KILT, G-D it!

Dec 30, 2005
    Jersey City NJ

Thanks for pointing this one out - my TiVo has much greater confidence in my spanish speaking abilities than I do (they are non-existant) so this will stop it from recording SABADO GIGANTE time & time again!!! :D