Advertisements Alright, time for me to share my experience. Tivo HD in Los Angeles. First time they came out the guy was very knowlegable, popped in the card, made a call, and switched to an HD channel. He seemed pretty sure everything was cool, and I didn't want to have him sitting around while I do an update for my new cable channels. So off he went. Finally it gets done, and of course I realize that he had just tuned in one of the unsecured broadcast HD channel. Most of my other channels were blocked, even some of the analog signals, which seemed weird. I called, up, thinking I have the cards, and I can just work on them to get the card working. Of course that was no luck due to lack of information, and it sounded like lack of access to the systems that are needed to do that. But hey, they tried. Usual CSR experience. They offer a truck roll, and I go for it, kicking myself for sending the first one away before being sure everything was good. In the mean time, I of course read everything I can, using the Tivo support forum for CC to check the Motorola status reads on everything. Anyway, finally today came and the new tech came. To my dismay, he knew nothing about cable cards. Luckily he wasn't upset that I did and was willing to work together. I showed him the Motorolla cable card status screens, and that seemed to perk him up as it looked familiar. He called in to dispatch, and they seemed to know a lot more than typical CSRs. She's on speaker phone, and I hear her say "oh that's not right" and it turns out that my billing info never had a main telephone number listed. I had it listed for Mobile phone, or whatever in their system (I don't have a main line) but the first CSR didn't enter in anything to the main phone system. And THAT, of all things, was the billing issue that caused the system to deny authorization (apparently). So I guess add to the list, if it wasn't already, billing issues with missing phone number. I'm just glad it worked out.