Official SuddenLink CableCard Thread.

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by bcurnow, Nov 28, 2006.

1. bcurnow

bcurnow New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    West Texas

Advertisements

I just spoke with SuddenLink and scheduled an appointment to have 2 CableCARDs professionally inserted into my TiVo*. SuddenLink sells the cards for $59.99/unit. This includes the installation cost and there is no monthly fee. This was too easy so I'm trying to figure out what's going to get screwed up. Total time on the phone: 90 seconds.

Edit After reading the other thread mentioned below, I thought some clarification was in order. When I called I simply said "I'd like to schedule an appointment to have 2 CableCARDs installed." TiVo never came up, and the CSR never asked why I needed them. Seemed like the easiest way to deal with the situation at the time.

2. MPAC

MPAC New Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Suddenlink told me that it was against company policy and Federal law to allow more than one cablecard per house. I asked to talk to the supervisor and they hung up on me. A called back and they quoted me $120 for installation in addition to the $2/month. The next day I returned their Motorola POS dvr and switched to Grande.

TIVO HD rocks!

3. mwarner

mwarner New Member

Dec 12, 2000
    North Carolina
    There is another Suddenlink Cablecard thread here for those interested.

4. bcurnow

bcurnow New Member

Oct 28, 2002
    West Texas
    Thanks for pointing that out. I checked here before creating this thread. I didn't occur to me to do a search (I know, stupid).