Advertisements Set my mom up with a new TiVo HD XL after her move earlier this week and her new building had a choice of RCN or TWC. Since the building gets bulk billing rate for basic package with 100 or so channels from RCN, I decided to sign her up with them for "basic" cable and internet. Ordered the install, told them she had a TiVo and that she'd need a CableCard and to make sure to note to bring an M-Card. Got an appointment from 2-5 today. The installer showed up at 5:30 with two M-cards. When I told him the TiVo only needed one M-card *or* two S-cards he seemed defensive ("How many installs have *you* done?" - I wanted to say "None but I know more about it than you do, since I just read all the install instructions" but held off). After a few hours (okay just two) of struggling to get the right cable to the right part of the apartment, the card hook-up turned out to be a snap. The guy (quite friendly at this point) asked to borrow my phone since his battery was dead (previous install ran over and he used up his whole battery) so I gave him my cell (mom has Vonage so no phone till he got the internet turned on!). He called the home office and had RCN turn the internet on, and then read off the serial number of the CableCard. I had the TiVo on the setup screen for the card and in a few minutes it started getting all the channels it was supposed to. I heard him tell them that I didn't want the second card installed and it sounded like they also didn't understand one M-card instead of two S-cards but it seemed like they told him to go with what I wanted. Everything is working well now, through the cablecard gave a few 161-38 errors, it seems like that's something that's common for the Motorola M-cards during the first few hours/day while it's downloading all the info and while I was configuring preferences for my mom. Hopefully, like with other folks the error will clear up.