Advertisements Hello all. Like the previous poster, I've been lurking a bit around here. Bought my first Tivo this week and was very excited about getting it up and going. I was converting from a Comcast DVR that I've been using for a couple of years. However, with all of the horror stories in this thread about issues with installing the Cablecards, I had quite a bit of trepidation going in to this. I ordered the TiVo on Tuesday and called Comcast the same day to schedule an appointment, figuring it would take them a few days to come out. Fortunately, they were able to schedule an appointment for as soon as Thursday, if I wanted. However, I asked them for Friday so I could get away with "working from home" to wait on them to show. The lady with Comcast that I spoke to was pleasant enough, though clearly not completely knowledgable about Cablecards. She couldn't tell me if it was multi-stream or single-stream cards, so I asked her to make sure to note that I was requesting two cards, just in case. Installation charge was going to be $17.95, and the first card is free, while the second card would be $1.50/mo. TiVo arrived on Wednesday, so I went ahead and set it up and activated service. After a few hours, software was updated and I was watching analog cable on it with no problem. Friday arrives. My appointment was for between 8am and 11am. 11am comes and they hadn't shown. Comcast actually called me at 11:03am to let me know the tech was on his way. That suprised the heck out of me. About 10 minutes later, the tech called me and said he couldn't find my apartment complex. Uh oh. This guy isn't sounding like he's operating on all cylinders. Tech arrived around 11:30 and he started to work right away. He popped the card in and called in to get it activated. This is where things started going a little sour. He was visibly concerned about whoever he was talking to on the other end. Sounded to me like the provisioning system wasn't up, which seems to be a somewhat common issue here. So we waited. The TiVo kept saying "Aquiring Channel Information". After about 45 minutes, during which he kept calling back in, he was pretty irritated, not really at the TiVo, but with trying to get the card activated. Turns out, it wasn't the provisioning system at all. He ended up walking the person through the activation process. Sounded to me like they had miskeyed something. 10 minutes later, everything came up. Woo Hoo! We checked out all of the premium channels I have (HBO, MAX, and SHO), as well as the HD channels. All was working beautifully. As it turns out, the tech was very intelligent and knew exactly what he was doing. Unfortunately, in the course of my excitement, I neglected to get his name or clock number. However, all things considered, despite the tech getting there late, I'm very happy with how the installation went and that we didn't run in to the major issues everyone on here seems to have had. As it ended up, the card was an m-card. However, the tech specifically stated that it was a really good idea that I requested them to bring two cards anyway, so I would recommend that to anyone in the future. So here it is around 20 hours after activation, and the card is still working wonderfully. Both HD and SD channels are coming in great, and for the most part, I am loving all of the features of the TiVo.