Off Limits - all episodes and all seasons

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cwerdna, Nov 7, 2011.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Anyone watching this show? More info at http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Off_Limits.

I recently watched the "Dirty Secrets of Boston" of ep.

The host is a bit nuts to want to venture down into a sewer. I was also intrigued by the sewage treatment plant. I had no idea how bad Boston Harbor had become (and why) until I saw this ep. I'd only heard inklings about how badly polluted it was.

My first and only visit there was about a year ago and it seemed fine (not surprising due to the cleanup).

Besides the above ep, I've watched a bit of the Los Angeles ep and will be recording the San Francisco and Seattle ones.

2. Iluvatar

Iluvatar New Member

Jul 22, 2006
    Just caught the Buffalo episode. It's very similar in style to his Cities of the Underworld show on the History channel years back and I loved that. I have had a SP on that show for years in hopes it would come back sometime. The premise is good and has his adventurous style so I think it will be great. It seems a little iffy to be on the Travel Channel to me though. It's not like most of the things they have and seems would be home more on the History Channel.

It's very disappointing to me about the Tesla Electric station. To be the first AC station ever you would think it wouldn't have already gotten lost in history. Considering it was in use up into the middle of the century.

3. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I have watched all of last season and enjoyed every episode. Haven't watched any of this season yet, I expect the same thing though.

4. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    For me, I've been mainly focusing on cities that I've lived in/near or visited. Hence the eps I mentioned. I probably don't have the time to watch most of the others...

5. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I have enjoyed the ones about cities I have never been to.

6. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    The beer-tunnels underneath St Louis was very interesting.

7. cwerdna

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    I thought it was pretty cool that in the Seattle ep, they went inside the concrete pontoons of the 520 floating bridge. I also like how they explained why they didn't use regular supports down to the bottom of the lake.