Of of a sudden V 53 error and channel loss Bolt OTA

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by scsiguy72, Mar 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. scsiguy72

scsiguy72 OTA Only..Free TV

Nov 25, 2003
    California Guy
    My living room Tivo has worked perfectly for years, then all of a sudden I am not getting serveral channels. They are black, no sound and I get an error message V 53. I have a premier Tivo in another room that has always shared the same antanna via a splitter and it still receives all channels.

I searched this forum and found some suggestions (change channels on the other tuners) but nothing seems to work.

I live in the SF bay area and channels 2.x and 36.x are the effected stations. I think these are sister stations and may be sharing the same transmission towers.

edited to add: Fixed

I have been out of the country for 3 months and just returned, so I didn’t know when this started. But I just noticed this effects close to half of my channels.

Any ideas?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  2. David R Czaya

David R Czaya New Member

Jun 17, 2020
    I have the same problem. You edited "Fixed". Does this mean you figured it out? Could you share your experience? Thank you.

3. aspexil

aspexil Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Have you rescanned the channels? The FCC has been moving TV station frequencies for the 5G wireless rollout. Though doesn't explain why one TV still gets channels the other doesn't.

4. David R Czaya

David R Czaya New Member

Jun 17, 2020
    Hi,

Yes I rescanned the channels. Just to be sure, I just now did the channel cleanup and rescanned again. 11 channels like before. I should be getting 51 like on every other TV.

Thank you for your reply.

5. scsiguy72

scsiguy72 OTA Only..Free TV

Nov 25, 2003
    California Guy
    Mine was moved channels. for example I’m had two 2.1 channels. One worked (old) had to delete it and select the new 2.1 channel