Odd

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by cannonz, Dec 18, 2011.

1. cannonz

cannonz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    It actually says DT on the front panel, too.

Perhaps a frankenunit, assembled from parts of two or more TiVos? Or perhaps (more likely) it's the photos that come from multiple sources, and some or all of them aren't actually of the unit being sold.

3. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Considering that he wants $30 for shipping, I'd avoid him no matter what he was selling.

And if he can't get all the pictures right, who knows what he's really going to ship.

4. replaytv

replaytv gun talk ignore list

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...
    so don't see the shipping excessive

5. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    If you add packing costs along with shipping costs and insurance costs, that brings it to around $30 to ship ground across the country.

The older TiVos are heavier and larger and cost more to ship. The last Premiere I sold I shipped out ground which cost me $17 including insurance(on the same coast, if it would have been across the country it would have been over $20). If I had to pay for a new box and shipping material that would have added another $8 onto my price.

So $30 is pretty much inline with actual shipping costs. It could cost a little more than $30 to ship across the country. I know when I sold my S3 boxes, most of them cost me more than $30 to ship across the country.

6. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    I just go by the total price. I don't really care what percentage of the cost is allocated to the shipping.

A dual tuner with lifetime usually sells for a higher price than a single tuner. I would ask the seller to confirm it's a dual tuner Tivo before paying.