odd transponder channels not working; ideas?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by marklyn, Jul 27, 2007.

1. marklyn

marklyn Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Austin

Advertisements

I've just discovered that any channels on any odd transponder numbers aren't working "no sat signal". This is the case on any of my HDVR2 receivers. The even number transponder channels all work fine. What the heck is my problem?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Could be ...
    * loose/corroded coax connection at your dish/multiswitch
    * defective DVR
    * defective dish LNB
    * defective multiswitch

Tell us more about your equipment .... dish type, mulitswitch brand/model number ,etc.

3. marklyn

marklyn Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Austin
    I unplugged the two cables from my dish that go to the multiswitch and plugged them both into the two cables that go to one of my DVR's... same result, odd transponder channels don't work, even ones do! I would think this would eliminate my multiswitch since this was happening on all of my DVR's...

Could the actual dish be the problem?

4. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Yup, it's probably the LNB itself.

5. marklyn

marklyn Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Austin

Advertisements

Is there a way to diagnose it or is it just prudent to replace the dish entirely. It's about 6 years old.

6. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Since all receivers have the problem and you removed the multiswitch from the equation, you have diagnosed it.

You can get just the LNB assembly without having to replaced the whole dish. But, now would be a good time to future proof your setup by replacing the dish with the 5LNB version.

7. marklyn

marklyn Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Austin
    My receivers are all HDVR2... there wouldn't be any benefit to getting a 5LNB dish if I don't plan on upgrading my receivers anytime soon, is there?

8. marklyn

marklyn Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Austin
    While I'm replacing my dish, and since my dish is hidden from view, what are the thoughts about buying a larger dish (24"?) just to ensure less rain fade (as infrequent as that may be)?
    Can they still be purchased, I didn't see any at first search...

9. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
  10. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    While you are spending Money may as well upgrade to the 5LNB Dish. That way, you are covered for future use.