Odd - tivodecode not working suddenly on certain tivo files

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by ourtivo, Apr 6, 2011.

1. ourtivo

ourtivo New Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Hello,

I am suddenly receiving "Invalid MAK" when trying to decode the latest episodes of Survivor. The first couple episodes work w/o a problem. Did CBS or tivo recently make a change to the programming that prevents tivodecode from working?

I've been using my setup for years and never experienced this problem prior. I use Galleon to move the episode to my Linux server then decode it. I am not experiencing this with any other programming.

I am using tivodecode v 0.2pre4.

I searched Tivo Community forums and Google and didn't find an answer. Anyone experiencing a similar problem? Suggestions?

Thanks,
    JoeK

2. sinanju

sinanju Active Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Odd indeed... I just started getting the same thing on an old EpixHD recording. Is it date related? Perhaps a cert expired somewhere?

In any event, using the -n option to turn off MAK validation appears to do the trick.

3. ourtivo

ourtivo New Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Sinanju,

Your suggestion fixed the problem - thanks for your help! I hadn't noticed the "-n" parameter prior. It's been awhile since I've written my scripts and didn't think to check for options to tivodecode.

I still wonder what's changed. Much appreciated!

JoeK

4. dstahl67

dstahl67 New Member

Jan 6, 2008
    San...
    Hi guys-

I'm getting the same error regarding "invalid MAK".
    I would like to try the -n fix and I found the main script file, but I am not experienced with changing a script, I'm not sure exactly where the "-n" goes.
    Could you help me out with a more detailed description?

Thanks in advance.

5. ourtivo

ourtivo New Member

Mar 2, 2005
    @dstahl67, the command line usage for tivodecode is listed below. In your script find the tivodecode command and add the -n parameter to that line by following the format below. Make a copy of the original script before making changes.

Usage: ./objects.dir/tivodecode [--help] [--verbose|-v] [--no-verify|-n] {--mak|-m} mak [{--out|-o} outfile] <tivofile>

--mak, -m media access key (required)
    --out, -o output file (default stdout)
    --verbose, -v verbose
    --no-verify, -n do not verify MAK while decoding
    --help print this help and exit