Odd TiVo Slide problem

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by chrisbac, Apr 9, 2011.

1. chrisbac

chrisbac Master of my domain

Feb 6, 2002
    Meriden, CT

Advertisements

I had originally posted this to coffe house, but this seems like the better place:

I have the TiVo Slide and it was working great. Then suddenly it stopped working. Strangely, the QWERTY keyboard part is working, but the main TiVo remote buttons do not seem to get through. Also, when I disconnect the BT receiver from the TiVO, the main buttons still seem to send the bluetooth signal. I thought the remote reverted to IR when the BT dongle was not connected. Does this mean the remote has become paired with some other device? I tried to "globally" reset the remote then repair it, but the pairing process does not really seem to follow what was described. When I put the remote in pairing mode, it comes off quickly without the dongle entering pairing mode. This seems wrong, but I cannot figure out what other device the remote may be pairing to.

Please help.
    Thanks
    Chris

2. ciscokid

ciscokid Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Tampadelphia...
    First, pull the batteries out of the remote. Replace them then try again.

If that doesn't work, try a reboot of the tivo.

I can almost guarantee one of these fixes will work!

3. chrisbac

chrisbac Master of my domain

Feb 6, 2002
    Meriden, CT
    Regretfully I already did all that. I have replaced the batteries, rebooted the TiVo, global reset of the remote, tried to repair the remote. None seem to effect the condition. Is it possible for the keyboard to be paired with the remote but the TiVo buttons paired to something else? That seems very strange, but might be possible. I know the TiVo keys can be used without BT.