Odd problem with INFO on HD box listings

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by hybucket, Sep 16, 2011.

1. hybucket

hybucket Member

Nov 26, 2004
    I noticed that the TiVO HD was not going to record a couple of season pass programs tonight. For example, it was not recording a new episode of "Haven," on SyFy. I looked to find out why, and it said it was a rerun (not in so many words...). Went I went to the listing and clicked on INFO, there were only 2 or 3 lines about the program, where usually there were at least 2 pages. Among the missing info was the "date first aired" item. I checked the other season pass programs that were not going to record, and it was the same thing. I checked other programs, and some had the regular 2 page listings in INFO, but many others (not in the season pass) did not and had only the 3 or 4 lines. Any one else see this?

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    This happens a lot but it's not TiVo's fault, it's the Guide data from Tribune. You'll see shows with the "default" description (for example South Park it will say "The life of four young boys in Colorado" or something like that). The TiVo can't determine if it's a new episode so it treats it as a rerun.

Check out the Tupper method for ideas on how to work around this.

3. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
  4. hybucket

hybucket Member

Nov 26, 2004
    Thanks for that link. I never would have found it. My problem exactly.