October Road 03/29/07 **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by lodica1967, Mar 30, 2007.

1. lodica1967

lodica1967 Member

Aug 5, 2003
    Hawaiian...

Advertisements

I thought the 1st episode was alright. The 2nd one sucked hard but I couldn't sleep so I decided to watch the 3rd one tonight anyway.

Much better. Still totally predictable but nice mindless entertainment. I will keep the SP around a little longer.

2. katbug

katbug Tivo Junkie

Oct 2, 2003
    N. AZ
    My sister told me to tune in to this one. I finally watched it today and I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised. The actors feel established within their roles, which is unusual this early on in a series, and I think it's got enough characters to keep it interesting. It almost has the feel of "Ed" from a few years back. I'll tune in again. ;0)

3. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    There's only one more episode.

4. katbug

katbug Tivo Junkie

Oct 2, 2003
    N. AZ
    What? Was it canceled already or is it just going on a break?

5. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago

Advertisements

I think that's all that was planned. Notes From the Underbelly is taking it's place.

6. katbug

katbug Tivo Junkie

Oct 2, 2003
    N. AZ
    That can't be right...maybe it was an early trial season, but it had better be coming back or I'm just going to give up on shows in their first season, for fear that it will be canceled. I mean, what's the point?!

7. katbug

katbug Tivo Junkie

Oct 2, 2003
    N. AZ
    Here's what Wikipedia says about it:

So, I do give up on watching shows in their first season...I won't waste my time from now on. If they end up renewed, then I'm sure they'll find a way to show the first season again somehow. Until then, why bother?

8. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I was starting to like this show and I'm with you, katbug, I almost want to just give up on shows that are in their first season. This will easily make the 10th series I've started and it didn't last past 6 episodes or so.

9. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    I thought it was ABC's new "hit drama"? I kind of enjoyed the show.

10. jennifer

jennifer Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2001
    I really like this new show . I'm watching the last episode - the moment at the restaurant was so sweet :)

11. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    At least they are aired episode 5 and airing episode 6 so that might be a good sign, and they are calling it the "season finale".

12. AJRitz

AJRitz Princess Anti-Santa

Mar 25, 2002
    Overland...
    Bumping this thread since I finally got around to watching the October Road episodes that I'd TiVo'd. I was waiting to be sure that it was picked up for next season before watching. I got totally sucked in. I stayed up late watching two more episodes than I'd originally planned to watch. Now, I'm down to just the season finale left. I'm really liking it - fun, quirky, characters, good plot and subplots. I'm glad it got picked up, and that I've made space for it in my fall recording schedule.

13. coolpenguin

coolpenguin New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Glen Burnie, MD
    ugh. i missed the last two episodes-not sure how i didn't record them. i was enjoying the show as well. it was fresh without trying too hard, no what i mean?

14. AJRitz

AJRitz Princess Anti-Santa

Mar 25, 2002
    Overland...
    Just watched the season finale last night. EXCELLENT television. The opening montage bit was terrific editing. Lots going on, lots of twists and turns, and all of it completely in character. Everyone in the ensemble reacted in accord with their established character. (One of my pet peeves about finales is that so many of them rely on a sudden shift by a main player that is completely contrary to their established character). I'm really psyched for this one to come back now, and disappointed that this first season was so truncated.

15. Snowman

Snowman New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Nashville, TN
    What WAS the season finale? Was that the one where dude left his wife for having an affair?

16. katbug

katbug Tivo Junkie

Oct 2, 2003
    N. AZ
    I think it was the one where the one guy (the stud, for lack of better term) decided that he didn't care what others thought, and went begging to bar girl to give him another shot. And main character guy left town with one of the other guys (I think stud-guy) to help out cheated-on guy.
    Sorry, it's been a while and can't remember any names.