Oceanic TW - Cable Card - no truck roll....

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by kiko, Nov 12, 2010.

1. kiko

kiko New Member

Jun 27, 2005

Advertisements

At least to move from one TiVo to another.

Called last night to move the cable card from the TiVoHD to the new Premier, and was prepared to be told a truck roll was required.

The CSR put me on hold for 5 minutes and then came back on the line and asked which TiVo was being replaced, she wanted the THD number didn't what a HD or Premier was.

Other than that very easy to do had the new Premier up and running in less than 30 minutes.

When I originally got the Premier, Oceanic TW told me a truck roll was required, and I put it off due to some testing with Tivo on issues with the HD.

Now I'm glad I waited!

2. Brighton Line

Brighton Line Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    When MSO's allowed self install of Cableboxes, FCC required them to allow self install of Cablecard. Though it does not take full effect (9 months/12 months from ruling) some companies are already following it.

Basic highlights form article:

1)CableCARD fees have to be the same for everyone, no matter which package you have.

2)If your cable company allows any self installs, they must allow CableCARD self-installs.

3)Cable companies must support SDV for CableCARD users -- this was implied before, now it is black and white.

4)By default, all new deployments must be M-Cards (unless you actually request a S-Card).

5)Cable companies can include an IP interface in set-top-boxes lieu of a 1394 port.

6)One way HD boxes without CableCARDs are no longer forbidden and they don't require IP interfaces.

See:http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/14/the-fcc-changes-the-cablecard-rules-but-not-dramatically/